Thread: Lore Book Map Locations

ESO Character
    Sarcoth

Default Lore Book Map Locations

I just remembered there is another item that we can all post locations for as well. Lore Books help level up the Mage Guild. I'll start another thread on the guilds.

Anyhow, this will be similar to the Skyshards. When you find one of these, open your map, mark the spot on your map, take a screenshot, and attach you screenshot here (after NDA has been lifted).

Keep in mind, there are books and lore books in the game. Reading a book does give you some experience and a bunch could help level you up in various skills. Reading a Lore Book is similar, but also gives you XP towards the Mage Guild. I think these give even more xp to various skills as well. I'm not 100% sure how books work since I know I was going up in levels for skill trees I wasn't even using.

ESO Character
    Lashan

Here is a good start for lorebooks http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/lorebooks-locations-map/

ESO Character
    Nightreaver

Actually even more than lorebooks I would really like to see locations for the Skillup books, particularly the Crafting ones.

If we know the locations then you can avoid them during the lower levels and go back and pick them up during the higher levels where a level gained would be much more valuable.

Nightreaver

ESO Character
    Sarcoth

I think I'm going to be avoiding books all together at the lower levels. I'll be waiting until something is released that shows where they all are so I can get maximum use out of them. Yea, I'm an avid min/max player, I can't help myself.

Besides, this allows me to focus on quests and leveling at the lower levels. Then at the higher levels when I am looking for something to do, this will be just another option. Today I can: PvP, Dungeon, Explore, or go look for items I avoided at the lower levels.

ESO Character
    Lashan

Ditto - stay away from the books until someone post the locations for each skill. Level 48 and 49 should easier and faster. Sarcoth, Nightreaver you both agree that quests give best xp at lower levels outside Cyro>? Have you thought of trying out during next beta the Tamriel Tactical Add on - from Athropos. I saw videos of it and it shows your xp as explore and fight. Really cool this way you know when and how much you are getting,

ESO Character
    Sarcoth

I don't know if quests are the best experience. Farming mobs actually is good to. The thing about doing quests though is that there is a chance you'll get a skill point for doing certain ones. Gaining skill points is what makes quests the best way for leveling up. Personally, I like doing quests anyhow. The are more fun and quests tend to send you to places where there are skyshards or other important items.

I've been looking at a lot of the addon's and I will be using a lot during the next beta.

ESO Character
    Nightreaver

I was actually having the opposite experience though it may have just been me.

For me, farming mobs was slow going, the number of open world mobs seemed low in relation to the number of players killing them. Unlike most other MMOs I couldn't effectively take on groups. Most drops consisted of either 1 gold or an item worth about 1 gold. Experience seemed better from quests as well as the rewards in both gold and items. My best exp seemed to come from killing random mobs while exploring and then picking up every quest I came across. Time spent looking for either one was just down time.

Farming mobs might be better if done as a group but even then I would expect Cyrodil to be better exp if you are in a group.

@Sarc
    Let us know what you find out about Addons or if you have any current suggestions or links to try for next BETA

ESO Character
    Alephen

in the Q and A one of the long term testers from foundry said quests > exploring > farming mobs from an xp perspective.

didnt address xp from PvP though.
    Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

Alephen 55 Cleric, Hemmi 55 Bard, Krutch 55 Necro, Ddraig 55 Disc, Thrae 55 Psion, et al. RIP vanguard.

Alephen 55 Commando, Ddraig 55 Gunslinger, Epur 55 Sage, Zuki 55 Guardian, Athrae 55 Assassin, Hemmi 55 Operative, 2 55 commandos, 1 each other subclasses.

Sacred Haven Yeomen, Smiths, Tailors, Enchanters, and Rationeers Society
    <SHYSTERS>

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3COB5g4RyYY

ESO Character
    Lashan

Agree with Cyro farming mobs> Cyro quests> quests> explore ( I corrected this after spending a weekend in Cyro - Sarcoth you was right about Cyro)
    I played 2 days on my first beta and got to level 8. On sunday I started to do quests like madman - got to 16 in 9 hours +7k cash +3 skill points. I believe that doing quests nonstop in groups of 3-4 for about a 4-5 day should get everyone in that group to 50+ ( playing 15-18 hr days).
    Last edited by Lashan; 03-03-2014 at 10:01 AM.