Thread: When is this game playable?

When is this game playable?

Been looking around to see if I can get a estimation on the ETA to play. Does anyone have a clue when the game will actually be playable?

They said beta in 2017. Who knows if that will stick. Been good progress, but Brad isn't exactly known for speedy delivery of games.

In the May Newsletter is was stated:

What is the timing on getting our pledgers in game? It’s still too early to set anything in stone. It really depends on when we get the resources we need – there are a lot of variables, but you can be sure we are working hard and that the project is moving forward nicely. We’d love to start testing at the end of the year or the beginning of the next but again the game has to be ready and the content created and so we continue to ask for your patience and understanding. As excited as we are and you are to experience Pantheon we also all know that it serves no purpose to bring in people too early. But we will certainly keep you updated.
    I think the key here is that "the game has to be ready". We don't want another Vanguard. I'll wait a little longer for a solid and stable game.

The pre-alpha or alpha 1 testing is now slated as "early next year" per a post by Kilsin. Unfortunately, this game is nowhere close to be ready. They are still trying to get some real investors, without them i think will drag out another 3-4 years.

Cool Pre Alpha "Pantheon Go" Gameplay Footage

Pre Alpha Pantheon Go Gameplay Footage

/s

Someone's quest bugged out when chunking back in to turn in, apparently.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indonesia...053928354.html

From Brad's AMA on Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comm...pantheon_rise/

Can you provide any sort of timeframe for alpha/beta?

[–]AraduneMitharaPantheon: Rise of the Fallen[S] 11 points 10 days ago

Nothing to specific or set in stone, no, because the most important thing is that we are ready, that the game is ready. Remember, alpha and beta are not like early access, where by design a portion of the game is sold to people. Alpha and beta for us is all about people helping us test the game, the mechanics, the features, the content. If enough of the features and mechanics are not present, or if there is not enough content, then starting bringing in outside people would actually do more harm than good. It would frustrate the tester and it wouldn't provide us with much useful information. So the answer is when we're ready, and we hope to be by the first quarter of next year, but again, no promises.

He said he wants a really long alpha/beta, at least a year i remember reading - along the lines of EQ's alpha/beta (of course pre-alpha may be part of that). So if pre alpha (he is going to have to have a decently long pre-alpha for all the people who bought packages or the proverbial is going to hit the fan, and he doesn't need any more drama associated with this project) is early next year, and i am skeptical about that at this point, we're looking at 1 1/2 to 2ish years minimum from this point.

They pushed back Pre Alpha over a year already, so it is hard to say. I would not expect a 2017 release date but rather an early 2018.