Thread: Progress report.

Progress report.

How'd you guys make out on the first day? I managed to get a good group after about 30 minutes. I'm lvl 7.52 so far.

Enjoying it so far.

I missed being able to mez mobs!

Not bad. I failed trying to get from Rivervale to GFay at level 1; twice.

After that, I grouped up with a PUG and we just killed everything. I got to level 5.5.

I then made another attempt to reach Gfay and I was successful. Level 5 druid with camo works well. Just be careful, you still have to avoid the undead mobs.

I just made my character last night didn't have a chance to play really. I'll see how far I can get tonight.

if you log into the the day break (DB Icon) market place in game, you can claim 500 coins free per month, and 3 - 4 hr exp pots cost 500 coins.

I am in Freeport as a Human Monk (Kiron)... I only got to play off and on... I made it to level 2.25... I forget, but is the only way to level by killing mobs? I only found one quest so far (for Monk belt). I got my first belt, and I don't think it gave an XP, just the item... For my next belt, I need to get to like level 5 because of the mobs I have to kill.

So is the main way to level just killing?

I feel like when EQ first came out, there was a joke with it being called everQUEST because there weren't any quests, lol...

I think there are some turn in quests you can do for a little bit of exp, but I can't remember myself. I hit 8 this morning, but I've not really found any real "quests"

Sleeping Monk
    Hum I guess I have to give it a shot later

Yeah it was always joked and half the time referred to as neverquest, because they had so few quests.

i got my monk, Tuldin, to lvl 3. i died a couple times, but got him to gfay. mostly been soloing, but i'll probably group up today in CB.

i did notice a lot of necro and mage armies.

Made level 4 last night. I've been solo killing to make sure my skill points raise up (and relearn how to pull and dodge mobs correctly)... I forgot what a pain that was.

However it will be even worse if I get a nice shiny weapon drop that I don't have any skill to use

That was one of the bad things about last night and grouping.. got up to lvl 4 without going and getting new spells, so I had a solid 30 minutes of fizzling about 75% of my spells until the skill lvl caught up.

Sounds like we'll have a party in Gfay tonight!

I need help getting there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiron View Post
    I need help getting there lol
    Get to level 3 and then try to repeat the trip.

I was level 5 when I made the run last night, but I was able to stay far from everything. I stayed on or along the path, but I got away from that if I saw anything else on it. Even if you see something you think may be friendly, steer clear. My first time I saw a dwarf which I thought was going to be friendly, but I was wrong. It was a bandit dwarf that had 3 friends.

After that, make sure you stop off in Kaladim and bind there. Then you have a new respawn point in case you die.

After making the run last night, I don't want to run back. Make sure you do it before level 6 so you don't lose XP if you die.

i made it to about 2.5 last night. I started in the dwarf area (don't know names yet) and ran to gfay at right off the bat at lvl 1. I forgot to pick up the quest to turn in there so it was a waste of time. I did some exploring on the way back. I then just killed a bunch of things to help raise skills. Found someone to answer a lot of my questions but no groups for me. I just solo'ed my evening away. I tried to see if anyone from SH was on but I didn't see any response. I will be on again tonight, hopefully I can join up with some of you.

Sleeping Monk
    I have no idea what I want to play

Quote Originally Posted by Delvar View Post
    I have no idea what I want to play
    Take a look at what the rest of us are playing.

http://sacredhaven.org/vb4/forums/sh...eds-Dec-9-2015

BTW, even Zorba jumped on TS last night. He got his subscription, but I don't think he made his character yet.

Sleeping Monk
    I miss Zorba! Great to hear

Sleeping Monk
    Ok I'm going Rogue! Ok whats a good class for Rogue?

you mean race? Halfer!

Zorba is a human wizzie, I invited him to the guild last night

I heard that dwarfs, barbarians, and halflings make good rogues.

I ended up making lvl 10 last night, got on for about 30 minutes this morning and ran back to the commonlands. I heard oasis / lavastorm are the places to hunt from 10-13ish. Then you can either go to guk or to unrest.

Looking forward to 12 so I can bind places.

Still level 5.6 here, slow going

However my smithing is at 28 now.