Thread: UI?

UI?

Anyone have any good UI recommendations? I've used a couple and while they're ok, they're not quite what I'm looking for. I'm currently using Sparx or something of the sort.

I used a bunch of piecemeal ones - targeting, action button, buff boxes.

If I can remember:
    - jaryn buff windows
    - myx target window (I really like this one)
    - Neebat tradeskill window
    - and generic hotbutton window, wish I could remember the name.

Edit: They are all small so worst case I could email them to you to try out. Total size is just over 300kb for the four zip files.

I ended up going back to the generic UI since each of the complete packages were messing everything up for me. Personally, I'm fine with the generic for right now. I may try out some single UI's to handle certain things.

What I really need is a UI that looks at every item I loot in the game and tell me if the item can be used for a quest or not. I know there are a lot of open-ended quests that you only get if you hail a NPC. They then want you to bring them back one or more items. If you give them the item, you get your reward. All these quests seem to be repeatable.

Course, the UI would be even better if it told you what quest it was for and/or what level. Who am I kidding though, this is an old game and not only that, it's been reduced to its starting version. If I was lucky enough to find something like that, it would probably have all items.

Instead, I'm stuck looking at Allakazam's website for every item. Very tedious.

Sleeping Monk
    Are UIs serverside, because I'm using the same custom one I used in eq before.

nope, stored on your computer. I found one I mostly like, I edited a few of the xml files to adjust it to how I like it, still need to make some adjustments.

it's under EQfolder\uifiles

Sleeping Monk
    So how is it that when I first logged in they asked me if I wanted to use my old custom UI? I'v never had EQ on this comptuer.

Sleeping Monk
    nvm figured out what is going on

tell us more Delver?

I'm assuming it was the UI settings from your test character? That threw me at first.