Thread: How to use Advanced Loot

How to use Advanced Loot

I'm going to put together a short YouTube video of this tonight, but for now, see if this helps. This feature was added only this year. After a couple hours of testing, I believe I finally understand it now.

/advloot - this will bring up the advanced loot window. See this LINK for screenshots and EQ's descriptions.

That link should describe everything well enough. I wish I had read it before trying to figure it out on my own.

Solo: Easy enough, you can set looting to autoloot so you don't have to click on creatures. You can take it a step further by selecting items to either be all always looted or never looted. It will remember these selections by adding them to your Filters list.

Group: You want to increase the width of your window so that every time an item appears, you can click on one of the options. I recommend doing AG (Always Greed) unless you specifically want an item. If something drops that you want to get at least one of, then click on ND (Need). After that, you can select AG to be put into the random for it. If you want to just select everything for one option or another, then use the drop down next to the "Set all to" button. Pick the option you want and then press the button. Everything currently in your window will be updated to that. Keep in mind, this only applies to items you have looted once before. If a new item appears that you haven't seen dropped yet, you need to edit how it will be treated in future drops.

Edit Filters: Every time you mark something, with either AG, AN, or NV, it gets added to your filtered list. If you ever want to change the behavior of how an item gets looted, go to this area, update the number in the top right to something like 1000, and then search. You can then look through the list to update all the items you want to change. Or, you can search for an item in your list and update that specifically.

/hidecorpse listed will hide all corpses that are in your personal or shared list, /hidecorpse listedunlocked will hide corpses that you have access to (once without the red lock icon). These settings will persist across zoning and play sessions.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarcoth For This Useful Post:

Note, as group leader, you can force items to random, then force them to be given to the winner!!!

So you don't have to sit there waiting on it to finish as it takes forever to random crap out

You can also give items to individual users and other cool things like just tell it not to loot the item.