Thread: EQ - Crafting

EQ - Crafting

Thanks to EverQuest, many years ago, I was hooked on crafting forever after.

I would like to know who else plans to do crafting on the Phinny server. I had a master of every crafting back on my old server, but for now I think I will only start working on one.

Skills:
    Tailoring (76) - Primary
    Baking (143) - just a money maker
    Smithing (54) - Secondary for Tailoring (need studs and steel boning)

Sarcoth's Tailoring - Check this link if you want bags or tailored armor.

If anyone else has a tradeskill craft they plan to focus on, please post it here. You can only post one as your master craft for right now. I'd like to cover all the different skills, but you can repeat a skill someone else is doing too. Just don't say you are doing all of them right now. Be sure to list the supplies you need.

I'd like to do jewelcrafting at some point. I looked at it this morning, forgot how expensive it is, so it'll probably have to wait a little bit until I can get to a point of farming plat at a decent rate.

gimmie bags! I'll save up my hides, etc and mail them to you.

I will give you guys whatever items you need, no need to pay me for them. We are a guild and it will help the guild in the long run. Plenty of other ways to get PGSC.

I am not sure what all the crafting professions are, but I would like to make swords, shields, and/or plate armor(not sure if it exists). I too would like donations or could pay for items if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Osacian View Post
    I will give you guys whatever items you need, no need to pay me for them. We are a guild and it will help the guild in the long run. Plenty of other ways to get PGSC.

I am not sure what all the crafting professions are, but I would like to make swords, shields, and/or plate armor(not sure if it exists). I too would like donations or could pay for items if need be.
    That would be smithing and Emeradii has already started working on that. Not saying you can't do it either. I'll gladly pass on supplies to anyone that sends me the ones I need. You just have to tell me what you need!

Since I'll be separated from you guys for a bit feel free to pass on stuff to Osacian for smithing.

Currently I'm grabbing up all the rusty weapons I find/buy, converting them to tarnished, then breaking them down to ore. It's a lot cheaper to go that route than buying the ore from a vendor, especially if you're as ugly as Bridgecrusher is!

After that I've been converting the small pieces of ore into metal bits and making studs... I figure I'll either tailor that for studded armor or pass it on to Sarcoth.

If you think you'll need steel boning sooner rather than later Sarcoth I'll add that to my skill up path.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeradii View Post
    After that I've been converting the small pieces of ore into metal bits and making studs... I figure I'll either tailor that for studded armor or pass it on to Sarcoth.

If you think you'll need steel boning sooner rather than later Sarcoth I'll add that to my skill up path.
    Thanks, I usually have to level up a bit into each of the other crafting skills to be effective at my own. I've been saving a bunch of the weapons too so I could do the same. But, if you are willing to make the steel boning for me, I'll let you know when I get close to needing it.

Since bows are too damn expensive Bridgecrusher will be doing some fletching to make pull gear.

EDIT:

I'm going to keep my crafting skill levels here.
    Smithing: 72
    Fletching: 41
    Tailoring: 2

I have two basic bows and ~100 arrows to go with. If you want them let me know and I'll parcel them over.
    Last edited by Emeradii; 2015/12/16 at 07:30 PM.

I used this as a guide on lockjaw. I didn't stick strictly to it but I did follow it for most part
    http://almarsguides.com/eq/Tradeskills/progression/

Also like to add key tradeskills Jewelry, Except for derv rings those player slots are hard to fill.
    Tailoring (all monks need full WU's armour will last till level 50 or Kunark) Backpacks but alchemy bags are actually cheaper to make and same size 10 slot giant 10% weight red. So Sarc needs SPIDERLING silk(hallas zones or East commins) and Thick grizly bear skins(east commons) .
    Smithing very advantageous eairly on, Banded armour great bonus. (BTW one can get banded drops of common mobs in Unrest.
    All wizards mages will need a Spell research.
    Pottery is a must for idols.
    Alchemy will help people level - Mana regen potions, sow, Damage shield.

Decided since Jewelcraft is expensive that I'll focus on baking for the time being. I'm already up to 84 as of this moment.. still crafting.

Save all of your meat please!

Working on Smithing. Hope to be making Banded Mail in the next day or two.

92 Smithing
    Last edited by Binuvyen; 2015/12/21 at 09:07 AM.

Hey bin, can you make me a couple of filet knives (3-4)? I'll pay you! I'm up to like 125 baking, but to continue I need some filet knives.

Be happy to give you 30 plat + however much you need to cover all the components. It's just ore mainly when I looked it up. I think it's a skill lvl 50ish trivial item.

Can't look up the recipe from work.

76 trivial on that. If he can't get you one today I can make one up tomorrow. Costs roughly 8gp per combine, and figure max 5 attempts to get it, so ~4pp?

If you're online this afternoon I can jump on quick and get one whipped up for you.

I'll be on for most of the time between like 5pm and 10pm probably (eastern) If you have time before then and wouldn't mind to parcel it to me I'll gladly parcel you like 20-30 plat, so you can keep skillin up!

K. I'll jump on there shortly and get you one made.

Did you need skewers as well?

oh hmm sure, I'll take a few just in case. The filet knives last through crafting, but I need a few just in case I fail and break them.

I think skewers are coming up shortly, if they aren't too difficult, sure

Any chance someone could parcel me a few non stick frying pans(5ish?)?

To make Non-Stick Frying Pan (Smithing: Yield 1, trivial 91), Combine the following in a Forge
    Water Flask (*) (subcombines not shown)
    Metal Bits
    Ceramic Lining
    Frying Pan Mold (*)

will pay!

I'll see about getting to this later today. Sick here though.

If Bin can get you the pans faster just message me so we don't duplicate effort.

p.s. you still owe me a few plat for the skewers/knives, but since you're a good customer I'll let that slide...

oops! I'll mail ya today

disregard.. apparently that recipe isn't in for frying pan until jaggedpine releases =/

I started Alchemy a few days ago. Blood of the wolf (SoW) potions are trivial for me now.

my research is 90. Have mats for spells up to lvl 39, if anyone needs anything. I still need raw hides for spells 40-50.

Once I get enough cash I will be starting with fletching. As a ranger I will always need arrows and bow upgrades. :P

I'm doing jewelcrafting, and it's the only crafting I plan to do.

I'm currently at 160+ (163 or 164 I think).

research is up to 108. i was able to create all my spells up to level 49. so if anyone needs crafted spells. let me know.