Thread: Rift Reboot

Rift Reboot

I don't want to steal thunder from the EQ resurgence, but then I don't think I could if I tried: people are into it. I tried to get back into it, but I just couldn't. So, I did some poking around. I considered a few (SWTOR for example), but I kept coming back to Rift. They've done a lot of work on the game in the past couple of years, and I was impressed by what I saw. Plus, its free. Like, free free. So, I gathered a few friends and family, and we're getting back into it.

Our goal is to get to expert dungeons by January (which wont take long) and raiding I'm hoping for by February or March latest. Levelling is easier, you can either buy your way to max level with a few bucks, or get powerlevelled by one of us. I get the feeling that they've designed a few parts of the game in such a way as to make it easier to get to the massive amount of new content they've put in. Which is great. Watching a quick video (without strat spoilers, I cant stand those) and the fights look complex, difficult, but fun. There is a TON to do. Good for several years, it seems to me.

Right now we have five players. We'd love to have ten, in order to make a ten man raid.

Anyone is welcome. Send me a PM here for details. We have plenty of room and we will either form a new SH chapter (trying to find what happend to the guild but getting stumped atm) or join a friendly guild (there are several with people I know in them).

See you online!

Z

Just an update: we're up to ten players, and getting everyone to level cap very quickly. Always room for more, and tons to do.

Z

No plans to return to EQ1 so may have to reload and check this out.

We're up to 15 players now, and looking to get everyone ready for expert dungeons and ten man raids!

When I logged in I checked my mailbox. As one of the last (maybe last) leaders of the Sacred Haven Rift chapter, I received the following message dated 10-09-2013:

"Because the leaders of < Sacred Haven > have been inactive for more than 36 days, Lyrran has been promoted to leader."

Nothing beyond that to indicate when or if Sacred Haven was disbanded but my character was no longer in guild and doing a guild search revealed no active guilds with that name.

Who's Lyrran?

Doesn't ring a bell.

Lyrran was a Ranger. I remember him, but I can't imagine that he would have kicked everyone out of the guild. Most likely, he lost leadership and someone else took over. Tracking this down would be very difficult I think.

My understanding was that guilds automatically disbanded if there were not active accounts.

Are you not able to create Sacred Haven due to the name already being in use?

No, Sacred Haven is still in use...supposedly. I've searched every shard though, and can't find them....and posted on the forums, no luck.

Had our first Nightmare Tide Expert dungeon tonight. Did not complete, but we got 3/5 bosses down. Challenging stuff. Lots of fun.

Hope to see everyone in game!

The Rift Chapter has grown to the extent that I might need officers soon. Still time to join if anyone wants in. Lots of veteran faces (Jack, Gen, Penchant, Zaike, Shaedrin, etc) and lots of new ones (Iorvetha, Grundlemar, Atkilos, Etc). Up to about 15-20 active members, with more recruits sending me tells every day.

See you online!