Thread: A fun business night

A fun business night

I had a lot of fun last night. I've always been into the trading of goods. I'd like to thank EQ for getting me into that, but honestly, it was UO. UO had the first automated vendor system and I always loved selling stuff in that game.

But, back to last night. I always stated in another thread how I purchased 2 Kronos yesterday. I ended up selling one for 600, bought one back for 500, and finally resold that for 625.

I then leveled up my baking to 143, tailoring to 76, and smithing to 54. I thought leveling up baking would help to make me rich, but it's a slow process. Although, I had a fun encounter last night. After crafting a couple hundred fish rolls, I realized they were a banquet meal; last approximately 35 minutes.

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...rink-durations

Like all other tradeskill goods, the cost to craft these items and then resell them back to the vendor is a loss of profit. That's common. So, before doing that, I decided to announce them in /auction for 2p per stack of 20. After numerous jokes in auction chat about fish rolls, someone sent me a tell saying they would buy 3 stacks. I had about 8 stacks so that was a relief. I sent those 3 stacks off to the person and they were going to send me payment later. Not a huge loss if they didn't. I then sold the rest to the NPC and started working on tailoring.

A half hour later, the player that bought them to me sent me a tell and said they accidentally sent me 100p. Wow, thanks, /ignore player. HAHA. No no no, just kidding. I said I would send him the change, or I could send him some more product if he liked and then I could give him the rest of the change. He liked that idea and decided to go with 22 more stacks (50p) and the change of 50p back to him. Well, it was going to take awhile to make over 800 more fish rolls, so I decided to let the auto-crafting do its thing while I played some Fallout 4.

I checked back in an hour later and everything was done. I told him I was sending him the product and he told me to keep the change. Damn, very nice of him. Oh, apparently he recommended my services to others b/c I then got a tell from another member requesting 10 stacks. I don't know if I should thank him or curse him. I crafted those over night and sent them out this morning. I'm going to raise the price on these to 3p a stack.

To make a long story longer, I had a good night last night. I always enjoyed crafting in this game and I enjoy the selling of items even more. I have a lot of plat in my pocket, so I'll need to work on buying some tailoring goods and leveling that up further. But, for the next few nights I'm going to try and do some grouping and leveling up. I'll fall back to crafting only if I can't get a group.

I think my baking is up to 165-170 now. It's quite expensive and slow to progress past that 143 mark because it requires tons of eggs to make noodles, which you then turn into pasta.

I've burned through over 350 snake / basilisk eggs and that only took me from 143 to the 165ish mark. I can't remember exactly where I am.

I'll have to look into that link when I get home to see what foods I can sell to make a profit though. Tonight I'm trading someone a stein of moggok for like 160 basilisk eggs.

Hopefully that'll put me to the point of being able to make the 10lb halas meat pies which are worth a lot.

Cool, you just gave me an idea of what to work on next. I'll convert all my meat into fillet's in cream which will get me to 152 skill.

Fillets in cream last for approximately 30 minutes so that's nearly as good as the fish rolls. The down side is they cost a lot more to make. A stack of 20 bear fillets in cream is going to cost about 13p6g2s2c. Wow. I'd have to charge about 16p to cover failures. 20p to bring in profit from them.

I'll play it by ear this time and advertise selling them before I craft them. Better to have a buyer lined up.

On another note, for anyone looking to make quick easy money in the lvl 12ish range.. People are now paying 1plat per spider silk. Just as a test, I spent approximately 6-7 minutes killing giant spiders and I was able to loot 12 spider silks in that time, so it's quite and easy.