Thread: Sarcoth's Journal - Level 21!

Sarcoth's Journal - Level 21!

Yeah, I had a very productive weekend. Although, I did lose a ton of "spouse" faction. That's what happens on a double XP weekend though.

I got 4 levels on Saturday and 5 levels on Sunday. Almost had 6, but I had to call it a night. I am going to aim for another 4 levels tonight and that means I will have the ability to start transporting everyone when I'm not in a group. My XP grinding will come to a stop as soon as double XP ends on Tuesday and I'll get back to crafting. I need a potion that does double skill ups for crafting!

I had a great XP grind this weekend because I knew where to do my grinding. Some zones actually give more experience than others. This is called the zone experience modifier.

What is a zone experience modifier (ZEM)?

If all things were equal, you would receive an equal amount of XP for killing equivalent mobs in different zones. This is not the case. Some zones give a higher amount of experience than others. Some zones actually give a significantly lower amount of experience. Just to be confusing, this is not the same as the Hot Zone system that is currently in use on the PC side of EverQuest, thought some people on Al’Kabor use that term when they mean ZEM.
    You can find out more about ZEM here: http://www.eqvintage.com/links/zone-...nce-modifiers/
    And, here is a leveling guide if you want to get an idea of what zones are best for your current level: http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/level...on/classic.cfm

Use both in conjunction to find the best places to level up!

Here is the ZEM listing for our current zones, but ordered via rating rather than alphabetically.

ANTONICA
    ZEM
    Befallen 160
    High Keep 150
    Upper Guk 150
    Najena 130
    Solusek's Eye 130
    Blackburrow 100
    Gukta 100
    Halas 100
    Neriak Commons 100
    Neriak Foreign Quarter 100
    Neriak Third Gate 100
    North Freeport 100
    Ogguk 100
    Rivervale 100
    Runny Eye 100
    Surefall Glade 100
    Permafrost 90
    Splitpaw Lair 90
    Highpass Hold 80
    Lower Guk 80
    Nagafen's Lair 80
    East Commons 75
    East Freeport 75
    East Karana 75
    Everfrost 75
    Feerrott 75
    Gorge of King Xorbb 75
    Innothule Swamp 75
    Kithikor Woods 75
    Lake Rathe 75
    Lavastorm Mountains 75
    Misty Thicket 75
    Nektulos 75
    North Karana 75
    North Qeynos 75
    North Ro 75
    Oasis of Marr 75
    Qeynos Hills 75
    Rathe Mountains 75
    South Karana 75
    South Ro 75
    West Commonlands 75
    West Freeport 75
    West Karana 75
    Erud's Crossing ?
    Ocean of Tears ?
    FAYDWER
    ZEM
    Crushbone 160
    Unrest 130
    Ak'Anon 100
    Felwithe 100
    Kaladim 100
    Kedge Keep 100
    Kelethin 100
    Castle Mistmoore 90
    Butcherblock Mountains 75
    Dagnor's Cauldron 75
    Greater Faydark 75
    Steamfront Mountains 75
    Lesser Faydark 75
    Ocean of Tears ?
    ODUS
    ZEM
    Erudin 100
    Kerra Isle 90
    Paineel 75
    Toxxulia Forest 75

To my understanding, a ZEM rating of 100 means you are gaining the base line amount of XP. Anything over 100 is giving a bonus and anything under is a penalty.

Thus, if you are hunting in Befallen or Crushbone, you gain the absolute max for killing the same number of mobs compared to any other zone. The worst case, 75, means you are gaining the least amount of XP for killing the same amount of mobs as compared to other others with higher ratings.

My suggested leveling list is as follows:

Levels 1-5: Faydwer or similar. I thought just grouping up with random people and killing everything in site was a great way to level.
    Levels 5-15: Crushbone (160). You can push this all the way up to level 20 if you can find a good place to camp.
    Level 10-20: Befallen (160). This can go as high as level 25, but you'll have to get far into it if you want to still gain good XP.
    Level 15-30: Estate of Unrest (130). Lots of good grinding here for a large range of levels.
    Levels 5-25: Upper Guk (130): Another good place, but may be difficult to find a good camp.
    Level 15-30: Najena (130): I did this one last night, but it's tougher than the others. I felt I was always LOM and the pulls were slower because of it. Although, there was no one here.

I'll make more suggestions later as I level up.