Thread: Spawning rare Mobs

Spawning rare Mobs

We had full group in the Ancient Croc room in upper guk today and he spawned for us alot. After everyone left me and Zzorba stuck around for 7 to 8 spawn cycles and ancient didn't spawn once. Looks like if want fast results a full group is your best bet.

or perhaps it's just a factor of three =)

spawns are completely random. i remember camping a mammoth cloak for 4 days without rest. i knew people that got it in one or two cycles. If there were a concrete pattern it'd be perma camped.

I'll admit, it is kind of strange, but we'd have to test it out a few more times before we can consider this a science.

I was there at croc for over 4 hours. Riley was there too (with his ALT), but they were grouped and I was solo. That means there were 3 of us. During that whole time, the ancient croc did not spawn even once. As soon as I grouped with Rraven and Mmaus, before they even got there, the croc spawns once and drops sleeves. Now Rraven gets there and the very next spawn, he was up again, and dropped the sleeves. The next spawn was the PH, but then I left and not sure exactly what happened next. All I know, before I logged out 30 minutes later, Kelrin was telling me the pants dropped.

Personally, I think it is random and this is just the luck of the draw. My reason is, I was in a group back in my 20's. The group decided to camp the croc room and someone was pulling mobs there for us. The croc didn't spawn one time. That was a full group of 6.

Like Ranis said, if this theory worked, someone would have found it by now and it would continuously be camped by groups of people.

Just random luck I think ;p I was trying to camp a drop in Unrest but a chanter was there before me. Said he'd been there 8 hours, rotating between 3 picks and had no luck. I ended up sitting there for an hour or two and it popped.

On the other random luck note. I was in a lord/am/hand group and the arch magus popped 4 times in a row, and dropped the SMR 4 times in a row. On the 5th time he popped he didn't have the SMR, and then he didn't spawn at all for like 2 and a half hours.

My favorite was when Binuvyen and I were in a Frenzy group. Soon after I got there, the frenzied ghoul spawned. But, it wasn't only one, there were two of them and they both dropped FBSS. After that, it didn't spawn again while I was there (over 3 hours). That's always a full group camping it since I doubt that area could be solo'd.

Very true could been just Random luck. I got there about 30 mins after you left Sarcoth. I'm thinking it was just under two and half hours that we was there as a group. The arms dropped 3 times and the legs dropped 3 times too.

3 arms, 3 legs, 6 players, and 3 players, 30 mins, 2.5 hours (150 mins) ... that's a whole lot of factors of 3... =)