Thread: Temporary Items

Temporary Items

I think this will be good information for everyone. What mobs need to be camped for the rare items? I personally don't remember what I was told in game so can someone remind me?

I'm interested in the Manastone and Guise of the Deceiver. Anything else we should consider camping before it gets removed?

Guise of Deceiver is from the assassin in Lguk, should be a relatively easy camp for 30s, probably green/grey at 40+.

The Manastone did drop from the evil eye in Lguk, but I don't think it's in game.

If you are wanting to get a guise, you need to get it before Kunark is released, that's when they will switch off the All/All clickable feature.

what Z said.

I poked around a bit further, just briefly, and DBG does allude to lost items being briefly added to game. but they don't give a list.

Checking out forums on other progression servers, it doesn't look like Manastone was ever reintroduced. Considering how OP the item is, it's not very surprising. -60hp +20mana per click with insta cast time... a healer would never have to med.

The guise is in game already, i lost out on 3 rolls while leveling. and i'm pretty sure the rez stick was also brought back.

Manastone was killed shortly after the release of the game, I think sometime in 1999 and it's never been back.

no mana stones

Rubicite is now dropping in Cazic Thule, it just started yesterday. Only drops from named mobs. the AoF drops the BP, everything else can drop from about any named randomly.

I got a helm last night

Hours spent at Assassin / Supplier camp and not one drop of the mask. Considering it is BIS for Bards until Kunark, yeah I would love to camp that drop.

I would love to get that mask. I never got one back in old EQ days. I think it would be cool to be able to walk around Neriak.

I found a link via P1999 that looks pretty good. I would love to see an updated list with full names of live items. People tend to use the popular acronyms but us folks who came in sometime in the middle of original EQ are oblivious. I'm not sure if the items in the list are actually in the game except for what was listed above.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Removed_Items

How about we make a shopping list of times we need to get before Kunark comes out?

Pre-Kunark
    Box of Abu-Kar
    Fanged Skull Stiletto
    Manastone
    Rubicite Armor
    Scimitar of the Mistwalker
    Thex Dagger

No-Drop
    BladeStorm, Katana of Steel Sleet
    Cryosilk Robe
    Guise of the Deceiver
    Lustrous Russet Armor
    Ring of the Dead

looks like that Thex Dagger should be easy enough for a druid / wiz or any caster to do really. Might attempt it this week/end

Here is a link to a list of clickies that are pretty close to topic.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Clickies

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Myconid Spore King drops "Fungus Covered Great Staff" that is inventory clickable for all classes. Fungi Covered Great Staff is the post-nerf version.

Something to put on your shopping list before the nerfed one starts dropping.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Fungi_Covered_Great_Staff

From the comments, take it for what it's worth:
    "There's a FUNGUS Covered Great Staff which can be click by any class in inventory ans clickable from lv1"

Yeah, I think I remember that. Another month until Kunark, and I imagine it will take some time to get people keyed up for Sebilis.

it's just two items in jungle i think, forager and hunter, though i'm sure they'll be perma camped off the get-go.