Thread: I'm broken

I'm broken

Literally. Last night at Taekwondo, I broke two of my ankle bones; right and left sides. I was at the hospital for a few hours and they got the pain under control then. They told me I'll need surgery and have plates and screws implanted. They gave me pain killers last night, but I was up all night b/c the pain came back in a fury.

I called the doctor and they scheduled me for Monday, but after I told them about the pain, numbness, and tingling, they told me I should go to the big hospital and get checked in there. They said I'll probably have to stay overnight and perhaps I can get the surgery done this weekend instead.

Anyhow, don't plan on seeing me in game for a few days. After that, I may be out of work for a bit.

you're not as young as you used to be...

Damn Sarc. How did that happen?

Mend quickly!

Wow, sorry to hear this! I hope you're back on your feet as soon as possible.

Whew, no more electrum for you!

Just kidding, sorry to hear that! That's no fun =/ I hope they operate sooner rather than later.

Checking in.

Pain is under control at the moment. I have a room at the hospital for the night. Surgery will probably be tomorrow.

Speaking of electrum, how about 200 more bars when you get a chance. . I'll make use of them when I get home!

I was doing a 360 degree round kick for my black belt form, my foot slipped a little and I couldn't regain my balance. Even though I've done this many many times, it just takes one bad landing.

Sorry to hear this Sarcoth hope Surgery goes well tomorrow. Get well soon!!

Sorry to hear that Sarcoth. I have done a variety of martial arts over the years and been very lucky to not be seriously injured. I can't begin to tell you how many joint injuries and broken bones I have seen from someone very skilled making one mistake.

Get well soon. Please continue to let us know how you are doing.

Dang, Sarc.

Get well soon!

Ouch! That's rough.

Get well soon Sarc.

Get well soon!

Update. I had the surgery this morning. The pain is currently unbearable but I'm hoping my newest set of pain killers does the trick. I'm going to try and post a picture of my ankle, new and improved.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I should be going home tomorrow. I'll give an update either way.

Glad the fun part is over with. Take it easy for a couple days, no hokey pokey. We'll see you in game when you're feeling up for it.

Well, that looks painful. Hope the painkillers work!

Wow sorry man, that sucks!

Well, good news. I got mass enchant spells Now I don't have to spend an hour to enchant 200 bars ;p

aww man sarcoth, I dont chk forums for a week and you go and get all broken. *casts regeneration spell*

Thanks everyone. My painkillers keep me asleep the majority of the day. I signed into EQ for an hour or so, but it's difficult to play the laptop confined to bed, especially while keeping one leg elevated. The laptop gets overheated quickly when on blankets. I'll try to figure out some way to do it. But, I tend to fall asleep no matter what I do.

If you have a book or something you can put under it, it'll be good. I ran into that problem once when I was really sick, blankets get sucked into the vents so it can't cool down

use an empty tray for eggs :-)

That's a good idea Zoobie. I'll have to try that next time I'm stuck in bed like that.

Today I have returned to work. Most of the pain is gone. I'm on a reduced quantity of pain meds and I'm taking my muscle relaxers less frequently. I only experience some throbbing now. My post-op doctor visit is set for Feb. 9th. My current cast will come off then and they'll probably do some new x-rays then. Not sure what else.

I'm going to try and get back on my PC tonight and get logged back into EQ.

I was very excited about getting my cast off this morning, but it was canceled. Due to the little bit of snow dust this morning, they decided to close. For those that live in the north (like I use to), you would laugh at everything getting closed for nothing! If it was raining, I'd be fine with the closing since last year we had people stuck in their cars all night thanks to all the roads getting frozen over.

Anyhow, rescheduled for Thursday @ 2:15 now. Can't wait to get this cast off.

I visited the doctor today and he gave me permission to start physical therapy and I can start walking. I have to wear the boot for a couple more weeks and then transition to a brace and finally to real shoes. I'm hoping to be completely done with boots and braces at the end of 4-6 weeks. I'm going to be going to physical therapy about twice a week for 4 weeks and swimming about 30 minutes a day. I was initially told I could return to Taekwondo in 6 months, 4 months to go, but I'm hoping that gets moved up some.