Thread: EQ or Black Desert Online?

EQ or Black Desert Online?

I'm not planning to play BDO, but I wanted to know who was planning to move over to it when it comes out. This way I can get a count on who we'll have left in EQ and whether we should keep trying to build a raiding guild.

Here are the names I know of so far:
    Maus
    Rraven
    Kilyra
    Delvar
    Bizlor/Bidwan
    Zorba

This is mainly to get an idea of who we are losing in EQ, but if you are not playing EQ, feel free to chime in as well. These folks were planning to play BDO before we went back to EQ.

I haven't seen Galowin on since 1/15. Binuvyen and Zoobie have left the guild so that's another two we are down. At the moment, it's not looking good for us to do raiding in EQ. We've had 30+ players on in the last couple days, but about a third of those are ALTs. We also won't have any tanks.

So, a question for the rest of you. Should we give up, join another guild together, or what do you suggest? With my ankle and my thesis, I really don't have the time to dedicate towards recruiting. I know we came back to EQ to have some fun until the next big game, but we have a lot of members. Some members have already done some raiding and I'm sure a lot of you want to do some soon. Let's figure out what to do next.

I tend to agree with your assessment. I don't see raiding happening in SH's current form on EQ.

I'm good either way, just sticking with SH as a casual guild, or merging into another. Since daughter arrived, i can't see myself dedicating as much time as i have been to gaming.

Hey, just thought I would let you all know. Yes Binuvyen is in another guild. I am at a point that I really want to raid and it didn't seem very likely that SH was going to be doing that. I still have alts in SH right now and I am always happy to group with any of you, or help with quests etc. Just let me know.

I'm going to BDO, Official Launch is march 3rd. CBT2 Feb 18th.

CBT2 Sign here. https://www.blackdesertonline.com/ev...ApplyForm.html

I plan on trying it out. The combat looks to fun not to. I've signed up for the closed beta, we'll see if I get to try it there. I'm not sure if I'll stick it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert...ong_direction/

Quote Originally Posted by Helliox View Post
    I plan on trying it out. The combat looks to fun not to. I've signed up for the closed beta, we'll see if I get to try it there. I'm not sure if I'll stick it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert...ong_direction/
    I think that is the first time I ever got heart burn from reading something. There was no substance to that post. The writer (is there a better word for someone that doesn't know how to write?) should have used a bullet list with one bullet per sentence. Too bad the writer(?) didn't have a grammar checker. Zorus, what is your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcoth View Post
    I think that is the first time I ever got heart burn from reading something. There was no substance to that post. The writer (is there a better word for someone that doesn't know how to write?) should have used a bullet list with one bullet per sentence. Too bad the writer(?) didn't have a grammar checker. Zorus, what is your opinion?
    The writer is ESL, most likely.

Don't see myself playing BDO so I'll be sticking around for awhile longer in EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorus View Post
    The writer is ESL, most likely.
    I hope that's it.

I'll most likely be EQ only until.. I duno what

There has been a lot of changes since that post. And its like any game. Ya really have to play it to find out if you like it.

It has been a long time since I really played a MMO. The time requirements have just been too much. That said I have loved coming back to EQ and grouping with all of you again. I will admit a bit of sadness when i hear the names that plan on leaving in just a few weeks. That said, I am onboard for whatever is decided for those who remain. If we want to raid, I think we need to join with another guild. If we want to keep it casual I am good with that too. My one concern with staying separate is ensuring we have enough people online regularly to be able to group with each other. If we reach the point that is not happening then I would strongly recommend joining with another guild.

In regards to that reddit post there have been significant changes since it was written. Which was about 3 months after KR release of BDO. Additionally, NA/EU version is a whole different animal even from KR. That said, whether Daum changes its mind later and ads things that ruin the game is remain to be seen. Daum NA/EU is technically a separate company from DAUM KR. Much like NCSOFT NA is actually a separate entity from NCSOFT KR.

NC**** as I refer to them, has managed to go back on just about every promise to not ruin BNS that they stated over the CBT, including adding RNG boxes to the market in a market ninja patch. Starting this early, imo, is a cash grab before the game loses interest. With BDO coming on the heals of BNS launch so soon, there is no doubt that BnS will see a hit. There is definitely a different market for each game they are very different.

Hopefully BDO will hold true to their PM Dairy's which they have been very clear about the types of things they will have in the cash shop. Not to say they wont change, however being a B2P game is a different animal than f2p in terms of their marketing.

As usual I am late getting a post in. I will not be trying BDO or any other new game. I was late enough getting into EQ and am playing catch-up. Right now I plan on staying here I guess until it dies.

Sleeping Monk
    Well I'll be playing both! I'm still enjoying EQ but you know me I have to try the new games out : - )

Considering I haven't been able to play EQ since shortly after the server started I'm positive I won't be able to get into this

I will probably check this out, but plan to continue playing EQ.

I've been overwhelmed with work lately and haven't been on. Are we at the point where we can do any raiding, dragons or hate?

doubtful. I think a small group of people can do part of hate though. We probably only have 7ish in the 46+ range, if I remember correctly.

I'll be sticking it out in EQ. If we merge with another guild, hopefully I can make a few friends there and expand the playing fun. Essentially it depends on who is around to play with and if I have fun doing so.
    I'll miss those of you leaving, but those who had the plan all along, I understand. While I'm tempted to try it out, I'll pass for now.

I am getting tempted to try it out, but I'm still undecided, the EQ grind is finally getting to me a little bit.

If it feels like a grind then yeah, that can be an issue. I just hit 44 last night and am just enjoying the heck out of the game. I'm looking forward to the expansion and want to top my character off.

I had to try the game to fully make a decision. I have decided that BDO best fits my gaming desires. I have enjoyed chatting with the guildies that are considering the game as well. I think SH will do well in both.