Thread: Amazon Lumberyard Free Game Engine

Amazon Lumberyard Free Game Engine

If you hadnt heard amazon released a free game engine. i am not the software engineer type, but i thought it was pretty cool. It also got a lot of attention when somebody read the ToS for it and found a Zombie clause.

"57.10 Acceptable Use; Safety-Critical Systems. Your use of the Lumberyard Materials must comply with the AWS Acceptable Use Policy. The Lumberyard Materials are not intended for use with life-critical or safety-critical systems, such as use in operation of medical equipment, automated transportation systems, autonomous vehicles, aircraft or air traffic control, nuclear facilities, manned spacecraft, or military use in connection with live combat. However, this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a widespread viral infection transmitted via bites or contact with bodily fluids that causes human corpses to reanimate and seek to consume living human flesh, blood, brain or nerve tissue and is likely to result in the fall of organized civilization."

http://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/

Download here
    https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/

Its a big DL, just heads up.
    10gb Core download and another like 9gb in modules if you want it all.

The main catch with the game engine is that you are required to use AWS Cloud for hosting online games. That's not really a bad thing considering cost wise they are generally the most competitive.

My friend posted this on FB a few days ago. I read it over and over before I believed what I was seeing. Who knew Amazon could have a sense of humor?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorus View Post
    My friend posted this on FB a few days ago. I read it over and over before I believed what I was seeing. Who knew Amazon could have a sense of humor?
    ikr