Thread: Black Desert Launch Information Thread

Black Desert Launch Information Thread

So to try to coordinate anyone here who plans to play or try out Black Desert, i'm going to take point in compiling a list.

I plan to Roll on UNO Server NA

Tenacious Guild from Skyforge will be rolling on EDAN.

The Basics

1) When do you plan to start playing, i.e. what package did you get or when you will start? (Preorder available until 26th) https://www.blackdesertonline.com/preorder/

Dates/times are: Feb. 28th 3am EST($100 pack); March 1st, 3am EST($50 Pack); March 2nd, 3am EST ($30 pack); March 3rd, 3am EST (Full Launch and Cash shop open).

2) Family Name & Character Name (If you have reserved one) Link here: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/sh...mereservation/

3) Guild/Clan (if not I will be forming one)

4) Main/Starting Class.

Short video of tips for BDO
    https://youtu.be/Ft-PNpCNf4k
    Last edited by Ashleylee; 2016/02/29 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Server updates

Family name is Grouwlf.
    Character name for my Wizard is Kastin.
    I will be starting Feb 28th.
    I will roll on the same server as everyone else here. (apparently Orwen)
    I will join the same guild as everyone else here.
    Last edited by Grouwlf; 2016/02/26 at 11:40 AM.

Family Name: Valdemar
    Character: Kethry
    Server: UNO
    March 1st, unless they let me upgrade my preorder on the 28th. *Payday for me*
    Guild: Valdemar (or SacredHaven, if SH people roll on Orwen.)
    Class: Witch

I know that Tenacious is rolling on Edan. My main reason for Orwen is that Edan looks to be getting the majority of the population, meaning queues. Additionally, I have 3-5 other friends who are planning Orwen, we are more of the casual type. Tenacious's Plans are more of the commitment PvP style and I am not ready for that. This is me personally, if you have interest in more structured PvP orientated guild, than I'd advise u to at least roll on Edan for the Chance to join Tenacious.

For those unaware guild slots are limited, and there is no incentive for guilds to have non-dedicated/committed players, because it requires a lot of money to support a guild. Guild Members are Paid daily stipend. In order to generate that stipend it requires universal commitment. The guild system in BDO is VERY extensive. This is not to say that its impossible to be in a casual guild, just that casual guilds will not pay as well, prob 1k silver a day, which is the minimum. PvP orientated guilds will have to pay much more 7-10k per day, to start, to retain their members. Guild hopping is discouraged, there's a 24hr CD on changing guilds. Also, if you break your contract term there is a penalty generally 50% of what they where to pay you, contract periods range from 1 day to 30 days. So if your contract was 5k silver a day for 7 days, 35k, it would cost you 17,500 silver to break. You do not get paid until the end of the contract period.

Clans are a more informal system that allows up to 15 players to have something that is purely social. These can be formed anytime no cost, guilds cost 100k to form. At the tutorial its possible to form a clan immediatly. Clans can be upgraded to a guild later but guilds can not be downgraded. If a guild runs out of money, which is generated passively daily and from daily guild quests, that require minimum of 3 members to do as a party, guild features are disabled and members can leave w/o penalty.
    Last edited by Ashleylee; 2016/02/29 at 01:26 PM.

I know we will have a few on there.

Maus, Rraven, Delvar, Kilyra, NightReaver, Zzorba, Macflynn, Heliox, and some others.

Ill be there ..have Crusader pkg. but working days so it will be in the afternoon before I can log in. See you all there
    O yes..family name Farwalker ...i get lost alot...)
    Yes Im rolling Wizard
    Last edited by Zorba; 2016/02/26 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMaus View Post
    I know we will have a few on there.

Maus, Rraven, Delvar, Kilyra, NightReaver, Zzorba, Macflynn, Heliox, and some others.
    AND Kastin (Grouwlf) ;-)

Add me to the casual list!

Family: Zarnikz
    Character: Zrikz

I never played beta, so I know nothing.

You Know Nothing Zrikz Zarnikz!

Wow, I actually made it further than Zrikz during the last beta. I got to the server select screen before realizing I didn't know where everyone was playing! LOL!

You guys have fun and if you do form a guild, you have my blessing to use Sacred Haven if you like. If clans are restricted to 15 players, you guys may need something bigger the way it sounds.

Ashley
    Ashley's friends (how many?)
    Maus
    Rraven
    Delvar
    Kilyra
    Nightreaver
    Zorba
    Macflynn
    Helliox
    Kastin
    Jackal
    Osacian

That's a minimum of 13 right there.

Upgrading to a guild wont be an issue. It's completely feasible to have a casual guild.

Big whoot to us and Sarcoth!!

Oh sure, leave me off the list

lol

I'm also going to be playing.

Start : March 1st

Family name : Fades

Narevsn resv. Dori

will try for Odds and few others at start time.

Server: Orwen

Dori will Be a Ranger
    Odds will be Caster - not sure which, was thinking Sorcerer

I have to say with this many people, we are shaping up to really be a full fledged guild. I can see us being able to do the node sieges.

Axyl Blackshroud (Jackal and Shadowstalker were already reserved) for me and Genevra Darkruse for Gen, of course. I'm going to play wiz to start (waiting on Blader) and she a sorc. We both got the CP so will be starting on the 28th but will be casual, as usual. Hoping to join you all on Orwen.

looks like Sarcoth might play since Jackal is.

lol

Sleeping Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Axyl Blackshroud (Jackal and Shadowstalker were already reserved) for me and Genevra Darkruse for Gen, of course. I'm going to play wiz to start (waiting on Blader) and she a sorc. We both got the CP so will be starting on the 28th but will be casual, as usual. Hoping to join you all on Orwen.
    Thats what I like to see!!!!

Sleeping Monk
    I'll be starting on the 28th, I'll get the guild up and running. Just get on TS to get invites. Don't worry I wont make it Scared Haven again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Delvar View Post
    I'll be starting on the 28th, I'll get the guild up and running. Just get on TS to get invites. Don't worry I wont make it Scared Haven again lol
    rofl

lol

Can any of the following chime in when they plan to start? Or if anybody else knows when they plan to start.

Maus
    Raven
    Kilyra
    Nightreaver

Maus, Raven, Kilyra and I all have the Explorer pack so look to be starting Tuesday, 03/01.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightreaver View Post
    Maus, Raven, Kilyra and I all have the Explorer pack so look to be starting Tuesday, 03/01.
    Nice, I am too. Remember Uno Server. I got my munchies for a marathon starting 3am :P

if I can go to bed at a reasonable time, I'll get up around 530-6 and play for an hour or so before I leave for work at 8.

I'll be on TS a bit before 3am.

I wish I had more vacation time to take. Taking too many trips this year and my sons soccer burns time as well.

Even though I am already playing I would try to join you guys. I will be on after work though.

I didnt pre order but i bout an explorers pack. Do i still get the head start?

Quote Originally Posted by Toothpic4 View Post
    I didnt pre order but i bout an explorers pack. Do i still get the head start?
    Sadly no . Not to say you cant try to login but, if you ordered it after the cut-off, 26th like 7am EST, then no.

But you will be in in a couple days anyway Thursday 3am.

With the server mess up they are doing away with the 24 hour character deletion time and you can reclaim your bonuses (except for the title - should be able to petition it but not a big deal to me) so Genevra and I will be rerolling on Uno. I will lose the progress that I made with my characters but well worth it to play with all of you again.

With the server mess up they are doing away with the 24 hour character deletion time and you can reclaim your bonuses (except for the title - should be able to petition it but not a big deal to me) so Genevra and I will be rerolling on Uno. I will lose the progress that I made with my characters but well worth it to play with all of you again.
    Woot! That is awesome news. You guys know I can be a hard ass when it comes to raids, but I get super depressed when we can't all play together. And, I'm not even playing the game!!! Now my mind can be put to rest. Have fun in BDO and keep the posts coming on the forum so I have something to read.

Sleeping Monk
    Great news!!!

That is great news! I should be in game in about an hour. I will start looking for everyone then.

Yay, glad to get to play with Jack and Gen. keep all this post activity up, keeps me entertained at work.

post post post

counting down for me 4hr 23min.

Too busy playing :P

Big Whoot's to all!!!

couldn't sleep, so I woke up early and started playing at about 6:20 this morning. Played until around 8 before I had to leave for work. I got to lvl 12, and I'm currently AFK fishing. So, hopefully I'll come home to have a good bunch of fish to sell

Quote Originally Posted by Zrikz View Post
    couldn't sleep, so I woke up early and started playing at about 6:20 this morning. Played until around 8 before I had to leave for work. I got to lvl 12, and I'm currently AFK fishing. So, hopefully I'll come home to have a good bunch of fish to sell
    And a broken pole...

Haha yeah, or that. I figure some fish is better than none!

On the way to work this morning, I was wondering if I should do some remote access so I can swap poles out in the middle of the day. Am I just sick? The fishing pole lasts about 4 hours from what I understand.

Also good news for those who got screwed over by the server bug on creation. If you were affected, you will receive 10 -50%xp- 1-hour scrolls towards all xp. Good to hold on to when you hit your 50s if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Helliox View Post
    On the way to work this morning, I was wondering if I should do some remote access so I can swap poles out in the middle of the day. Am I just sick? The fishing pole lasts about 4 hours from what I understand.

Also good news for those who got screwed over by the server bug on creation. If you were affected, you will receive 10 -50%xp- 1-hour scrolls towards all xp. Good to hold on to when you hit your 50s if you ask me.
    No you are not sick. I want to do the same thing. My girlfriend will think I am sick though lol. I just want to bank as much silver early on as I can.