Thread: Black Desert - AFK - GPU Issue

Black Desert - AFK - GPU Issue

In case y'all haven't heard. Be careful about a possible error that can affect your PC. If you afk fish like I'm doing, make sure your game is not put into the system tray & your display set to turn off. This is causing graphix cards to go into full load. There is a Reddit thread link below.

Easy fix for the moment is setting your display setting to never. That way if the game minimizes for some reason, it won't overheat your system. Turning off your monitor should *not* affect anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert..._with_display/
    Last edited by Helliox; 2016/03/01 at 11:31 AM.

Hrm, I better remote home and check mine. My display turns off pretty quick

Hey Zrikz, just out of curiousity, what remote program do you use?

I always turn my monitors off when I go afk. I also have my screens to turn off at 20 minutes. I haven't had any issues so far with overheating and my girlfriend didn't notify me of any issues yesterday when I did it. I will make the change tonight when I get home just in case.

I was using Teamviewer but it is slow with high graphic apps running like video games. I need to find another option myself. I want to be able to run and sell stuff in a few minutes, not 3 hours it would take because of the lag.

Sleeping Monk
    @Helliox I use TeamViewer

Quote Originally Posted by Osacian View Post
    I always turn my monitors off when I go afk. I also have my screens to turn off at 20 minutes. I haven't had any issues so far with overheating and my girlfriend didn't notify me of any issues yesterday when I did it. I will make the change tonight when I get home just in case.

I was using Teamviewer but it is slow with high graphic apps running like video games. I need to find another option myself. I want to be able to run and sell stuff in a few minutes, not 3 hours it would take because of the lag.
    Good luck. When a company comes up with a smooth way (and secure) for us gamers to play games remotely, they will be billionaires.

I use teamviewer as well, it works from the phone too, just not very well.

Is TeamViewer free? It looks like it's a paid app.

it's free

Quote Originally Posted by Helliox View Post
    Is TeamViewer free? It looks like it's a paid app.
    just say for personal use, its free for life.

Yeah, downloaded it and got them installed on home & work. Ran into one problem, I forgot to start it up on home pc before I left for work.

haha, oops!

A note on GPU usage. In full screen mode, my GPU usage was quite high, but if I do windowed, or windowed full screen, it's much lower. There's a 10-15C difference in temps as well, so don't use full screen mode!

Good call. I set all the video modes to low before I left this morning. I also thought of using the crop feature, it's just fishing.

Minimizing the game to system tray cuts GPU down to 0% usage, just make your display never turn off / go to sleep. I just remoted in and checked, fishing was still going // well, I had to replace a pole because it broke, but it works quite well.

I'm pretty envious. That was what I wanted to do, if nothing else swap out poles. My tool shop can produce the upgraded poles but I had to buy the steel, 70ish thousand for 2 bars. Then I probably wouldn't need to check in to swap. I need to grind some contribution so I can take advantage of the pricing.

oh nice, I'm too poor to afford that atm then. I'd love an upgraded pole sometime.

Attempting to equip a pole via phone is a pain in the butt! Double click / right click doesn't work well in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrikz View Post
    oh nice, I'm too poor to afford that atm then. I'd love an upgraded pole sometime.

Attempting to equip a pole via phone is a pain in the butt! Double click / right click doesn't work well in game.
    u get a "thick" pole as a quest reward for the Delphe castle, level 31/32

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleylee View Post
    u get a "thick" pole as a quest reward for the Delphe castle, level 31/32
    must.....not....reply with.... dirty joke.....GAAAAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorus View Post
    must.....not....reply with.... dirty joke.....GAAAAH!!!
    ROFLMAO!!!!