Thread: Guild Trading *suggestion thread*

Lightbulb Guild Trading *suggestion thread*

I posted this on official forums few days ago. i'd be interested what other people think about it as well.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...guild-trading/

Summary of my Post below

Where Black Desert stumbles is in the social aspect. The highly restrive trading system, which is good for preventing the abuses that often occur with in game trading, also means that guilds who have a synergy system for crafting and helping each other get the short end of the stick. Examples of this are crafting items like fishing poles, or mining rare resources. The guild I am part of has played many MMOs together in the past, we have universally helped one another with those types of things.

Black Desert requires each person to farm all their own items, craft all their own items, and sell all their own items on the global Auction House. Other than PvP there is almost no reason to have a guild. I am unable to help my guild mates by mining the mats so somebody else can make wagon parts, which in turn i could use to upgrade my trade wagon.

Simply opening trade to all those items would then risk abuse. I understand the reasoning, however, I strongly feel that in the long run guilds that are more about the social aspects of gaming will leave BDO.

I have been thinking about this issue since a bit after Launch and i have come up a possible solution. I have no idea about the technical feasibility of this suggestion, however, it would go a LONG way to making this game more friendly. More about the group/guild helping each other.

• A guild based Auction House. An auction house with all the same rules and price controls as the global auction house but only available to the guild. This would allow a safe way for us to trade items back and forth and reduce the chances of abuse. I bring this up as certain items just instantly sell or are never available on the auction house. Potatoes for example, or Wheat, they are almost universally never in any quantity or just not there. This would allow guilds to actually help each other. A guild AH would be available to any guild no pre-qualifications.

• Another option would be to have an actual guild warehouse that people could deposit and withdraw items into. This could be something that guilds have to unlock over time, the guild points could be used to invest into this, also in order to have some control on it, it would be restricted to guild members who have a 7 day or longer contract.

No system is without loopholes or possible exploits. However, I feel the options I laid out could be implemented to minimize the risk for abuse. They address the likely reasons that Black Desert does not have an open trading system.

Another cavet could be no actual armor/weapons in either of the above options. By allowing materials and crafted items to be freely interchangeable between guild members would go a long way to making Black Desert more social.

Sleeping Monk
    I like that idea, would be good to help out guild mates.

Guild trading would be nice