Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everquest?!

Everquest?!

Hey all, been awhile!

Anyone planning on playing Everquest on the new progression server coming out in a week or so? Would be great to play with some of ya again!

I am super tempted, I miss the original EQ. I don't want to get sucked in with the potential of Pantheon, etc on the horizon. Such an investment MMOs are!

Pantheon won't be out until 2017 at the earliest per Brad, probably the end of the year...so about 2 years away.

I know how you feel! Also, i'm not sure how I feel about all the load balancing and instancing of raids either.

Hopefully see some of you in game!

Maus already said this, but I have to agree. If they revamped the graphics in EQ, I would go back to that game in a heartbeat. Maybe I'll check it out though.

Sigh, if a group of you are planning on it, I spose I can be pressured into it too ;p

The EQ graphics aren't great, but they aren't horrible. I still play a 2/3d online game frequently and the graphics are horrible ;p

Hmmm, I guess it's time to get it installed.

I know what y'all are doing. It's not going to work. Okay, I may download it tonight and take a look.

If there is interest in this, server opens on Dec 9th. But, you have to have a All Access Membership to access the new server, Phinigel.

https://www.everquest.com/news/phini...ver-dec-9-2015

At work so can't check...how much is this All Access membership you speak of?

I agree wholeheartedly, if they just updated the client graphics, i'd be all for another round of EQ. I'm really hoping Pantheon can live up to the hype of traditional MMO.

If there's enough interest, I'd be tempted to start another monk as well... Suppose I'd have to be human though... assuming there's a race lock as well.

hmmmmm, it is tempting...still undecided

Yeah only classic races/classes. Expansions unlock 90days after the previous one is completed. load balanced zones / instances raids. I also read the original dragons have been buffed quite a bit?

All access is 14.99/month

I may be interested in playing eq again had a lot of fun back in the day

I just did a 3-month subscription. Downloading now to check it out.

I was an enchanter primary and a monk secondary... I loved me some everquest back in the day... damn you guys.

Starting fresh and with friends is the best part!

Only thing I didn't like was the 5+ hour raids. I can't do that anymore. I'm lucky to get 2 hours dedicated without interruptions.

I guess on one hand the instancing of raids sucks, but on the other hand, not having to race another guild once a week to get to the boss is quite nice. With instancing we can schedule a raid on an agreed guild time and not have to worry about competition.

Back in the day I'd stay up until like 3am trying to fight other guilds for raid mobs, and then get up at like 630 for school :P I'm gettin to old... I need my sleep!
    Last edited by Zrikz; 2015/12/02 at 08:03 PM.

I agree there. Yeah, 2 hours is best I can do too.

Tempting....but I dont know if I can go back and deal with the crappy interface again either. Did they revamp the whole game?

I'm right there with you guys, being able to schedule the raids would be awesome!

Zorus - when was the last time you played? It's not really classic EQ. Its more like the current game but with leveling slowed down a bit and limited expansions.

I jumped on for 5 minutes last night and was surprised to see all of my old characters still there. The interface is still clunky compared to the newer games. Anyone know if the new server would require you to start at 1 or if you can do the heroic straight to lvl 85 character?

You have to start at lvl 1, it will be expansion locked to the original EQ game, except with the updated graphics and interface. So you'll max out at lvl 50 for the first 90 days, until Kunark comes out.

That is very tempting... I loved playing my troll warrior on there. Ended up quitting after we beat the plane of time...

Ample opportunity to relearn the game then. Going camping this weekend, but I think I'd be in for this. If there are enough for a group, I'll get the access membership.

Class, currently leaning towards: I don't have a real preference on race.
    Druid
    Shaman
    Bard
    or Cleric

I'm going to remake my halfling druid. I wonder if I can find my Foot of Approval.

Planning on a making a mage again

so the new eq is really just a expansion on the orginal eq or is it completely different iam going to pull the trigger and get the 3 month plan just need to know what to download and woundering if my old char is still there

It's just a new server, download the normal game and wait for the server to open on wed. I'm sure your old char is still on Prexus. Sadly, last time I logged in TA seemed pretty dead.

Oh goodness... I couldn't even remember how to play last time I logged in...

LOL I felt the same way. They do have a tutorial though.

Well, I installed and logged in a made a lvl 1 character just to look around... slightly overwhelming. Haven't played in probably 6 years, don't remember anything

I'd love to hop in and play, but I'm in a choir and it's holiday concert season... All I need is one more distraction to keep me from learning my lyrics.

Here ya go, if you want to see the FAQ about the progression server.

Q: What is a Progression Server?

An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time. It begins with access to the original zones that were available at launch, and gradually adds expansions at varying intervals, depending on the rules of the server.

Q: How Is This Server Different From Other Progression Servers?

Phinigel is our fourth version of a Progression Server, and we’re calling this a “True Box Server.” This is a server where each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from each one of their computers.

Players won’t vote to unlock content on Phinigel, and the server won’t wait until all of the raid content is defeated before the expansion unlock timer starts. Instead, every 12 weeks, expansion content will unlock on this server.

That means 12 weeks of Classic EverQuest, 12 weeks of The Ruins of Kunark, 12 weeks of The Scars of Velious, and so on. This is a server for players that want to move through the content faster than the previous progression servers have allowed.

In addition, on Phinigel, big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced.

Q: Can I Transfer My Existing Character Here?

No. This will be a fresh server where all players will begin their adventures from level 1.

There are no plans at this time to offer transfers to this server from any other progression server.

Q: How Does Raid Instancing Work on Phinigel?

The system will allow a full raid (72 players) into an instance. You will need at least 6 players in your raid to request a raid instance, and the players in your raid need to be level 46 or higher.

When you request a raid instance, the player that requested it, and his or her entire raid, will be given an account-wide request lockout for that specific raid for 2.5 days.

Each “boss” in the zone will grant a 6.5 day account-wide lockout. For the most part, this is just the big boss (Lord Nagafen, for example) and the stuff in his/her/its immediate vicinity.

For launch, Plane of Sky is an exception to the above instancing rule. Each island will have a lockout. Kill any NPC on that island and everyone in your raid will receive a 6.5 day account-wide lockout for that island.

Q: When You Talk About Expansions Unlocking After a Certain Amount of Time, Does that Mean Killing Raid Targets isn't Required?

Correct. This server doesn’t check when raid bosses were killed to decide when additional expansion content unlocks. Expansions will unlock 90 days after each other, regardless of when raid content is cleared.

Q: Can I Purchase the 40-Slot “Steadfast Satchel” on the New Progression Server?

Yes! This bag is a one-time claim available on any server, including progression servers. You can learn more about this here.

Q: But I’m New to Progression Servers and I Have So Many More Questions!

See a much longer progression server FAQ here. https://www.everquest.com/news/true-...r-faq-phinigel

BTW, I contacted Zifnab to let him know we are playing. No promises that he'll join us, but I thought I should let him know. Any one else I should contact? Maus is already on the forums, but I don't think he's read this thread yet. I'll make sure he does.

Q: Will Classes or Races That Were Not Available at Launch be Available on This Server?

Not until the server progresses to the point at which the race, class, or combination was added.

• Iksar will not be available until Kunark is unlocked.
    • Gnome Shadowknights, Gnome Paladins, Halfling Rangers, and Halfling Paladins will not be available until Luclin is unlocked.
    • Beastlords and/or Vah Shir will not be available until Luclin is unlocked.
    • Frogloks will not be available until Legacy of Ykesha is unlocked.
    • Berserkers will not be available until Gates of Discord is unlocked.
    • Drakkin will not be available until the Serpent's Spine is unlocked.
    • Froglok monks and Wood Elf beastlords will not be available until Veil of Alaris is unlocked.
    I made a post in regards to the race/class lock. It won't be hurting me since I won't play anything other than a Halfling Druid, but I still think this rules sucks.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...-locks.228822/

I think I'll be sticking with what I was for years.. High Ef Enchanter. Once Kunark comes out I'll pick up an Iksar Monk when I have the extra time.

I enjoy the Dark Elf race, but being in the faydark area and crushbone and the surrounding area is a great place for lvling up in the beginning... I didn't mind grinding on the Iksar Monk to get freeport faction, but not being able to run through the main areas, especially to take the boat was a pain in the butt.

Sleeping Monk
    Think Im going Necro this time around

I really want to get in on this but I just don't think I have the time right now to do it. At most I can play 2 hours on week nights and weekends would be sporadic depending on if Gen works or not. If I do play I would probably do a Barb Rogue.

I went ahead and got the all access on a 3 month and logged into eq and was supprised my char was all there ian at lvl 78

Alright, if you're all still playing mid January when I'm free from holiday stuff...I'll play.

This is so tempting!!!

Makes me think of the movie The World's End https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n__1Y-N5tQk

I have a few days to make my decision...

Lets just say that that I'm interested. Just not sure what to play.

I loved playing my Enchanter, I think this was the highest level character I played and had the absolute most fun with Mogchant (yes originally created only to get me money with the Stein of Moggok quest then became my most fun charcter.)

Anyway, what class do we need? I enjoyed playing the Enchanter, Cleric, Druid and Shaman. (In that order Mogchant, Rakslin, Barnhaman, Barnham)

So what is needed?

There is a ton we still will need. Take a look at the EQ class thread.

I don't remember the original full list of starting classes. What's it going to be for the progression server?

Guess I'll pull the trigger Monday or Tuesday. I can still get on as part of the free stuff (I had bought 19 of the expansions it seems!!!)

I'll be running my troll warrior, so it may be a bit before I can join up with the rest of you unless the druids/wizards can get their teleports fast. Lvl 16 isn't it for Freeport and the swamps?

Pulled the trigger and got 3 months of access!

Can I ask why we're playing on a server that costs money when you can play for free on other servers?

It's a brand new server that starts with the base game with no expansions. Will make it much easier to play / get groups and progress when there are a couple hundred others starting from square 1. If we start on an old established server, the only people we'll be able to group with is ourselves until we can get up to like lvl 90-100, would probably take months and months to get to that point.

I will look into this when I get home. There is a 95% chance I will be getting this tonight. I never had my own account, I always played on my cousins account when I went over to his place. I have 2 preferences in classes...not a tank and not a healer. Any DPS class will suffice whether it is melee or ranged. I will look at the other threads now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrikz View Post
    It's a brand new server that starts with the base game with no expansions. Will make it much easier to play / get groups and progress when there are a couple hundred others starting from square 1. If we start on an old established server, the only people we'll be able to group with is ourselves until we can get up to like lvl 90-100, would probably take months and months to get to that point.
    That may or may not be true, but for certain I forsee people not wanting to play because of the money. In fact, I hesitate to pay 10-15 dollars a month for a 10+ year old game myself...especially when its free on another server. Levelling in EQ is hard no matter what you do. Do I really want to pay to make it a little bit easier?