Thread: Guild Boss Fight

Guild Boss Fight

Guild Boss fight on April 11th. Thanks for everyone who came even our non level 50s!!

https://youtu.be/V2BYFr9f8_8

Looks like more than one group. Are the groups linked like a raid or are they separate?

I think the Ki shouts every time you attack is a bit overboard. I also think all the pets is pointless during a raid. Seems like something that adds unnecessary frame rate increase.

Nearly 1 hour to take down one boss? Ridiculous. There are some cool things about this game but that loss some of my interest in it. The only boss I ever remember taking that long was EQ1 Xegony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcoth View Post
    Looks like more than one group. Are the groups linked like a raid or are they separate?

I think the Ki shouts every time you attack is a bit overboard. I also think all the pets is pointless during a raid. Seems like something that adds unnecessary frame rate increase.

Nearly 1 hour to take down one boss? Ridiculous. There are some cool things about this game but that loss some of my interest in it. The only boss I ever remember taking that long was EQ1 Xegony.
    Ok, not trying to defend, but merely to point out a few things there.

1) This boss was meant for 20 Level 50+ people, we only had 10. with some under 45s who came to watch and perhaps get a little loot. The main reason we did this with this few people is that the scrolls have a 3 day timer and they expire. This was the first Medium scroll we had done so as much as anything it was a test.

2) There are several settings regarding graphics, including if u can see other peoples pets or even your own. I have everything set to max because my frame-rate is very stable averaging 60 all the time. Midway through the fight i turned on others skill effects so i even saw non group members skills. The only time i have issues with fps lag is during world boss fights. Those fights have upwards of 300+ people fighting one world boss.

For people to have their pets out there are several reasons for this. 1) pets loot for you. 2) pets provide buffs, things like combat xp bonus, Luck bonus, etc. Pets are not strictly vanity items but have very real benefits. Each person can have up to 3 pets out at one time and their bonus's stack.

3) The way guild boss's work is anyone in the guild can participate. Groups are limited to 5 people but the entire guild can fight this boss. All guild related missions always apply to the entire guild as long as they are in the same "channel" on the server.

All this said, boss mechanics in BDO in general are nearly non-existent, they are very flat and boring. How much loot you get is related to your DPS. My DPS was trashed this fight because my weapon broke midway through and I lost 90% of my dps. This is due to another thing that is annoying. When you enchant your weapon fails reduce its max durability. My weapon only had max 20 dura. You can increase the Dura back up to 100.

However, I was both lucky and cursed. A world boss fight the other day, i was in the top DPS category and i got a very rare weapon drop called a Liverto Weapon. This is best weapon class you can get in the game, at this time. However, enchanting this weapon is significantly more expensive, upwards of 10-15x more expensive than normal weapons. I was first person in the guild, including the merged one, to get a Liverto weapon. It is a very rare drop and strongly related to DPS.

Sleeping Monk
    Dang I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Delvar View Post
    Dang I missed it
    Well if you give me an alternate contact method, i can let you know these things. Like Google hangouts, dats how i talk to Sarcoth/Zrikz All you need is a gmail email.

Sleeping Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleylee View Post
    Well if you give me an alternate contact method, i can let you know these things. Like Google hangouts, dats how i talk to Sarcoth/Zrikz All you need is a gmail email.
    Redacted for privacy.
    d********@gmail.com
    Last edited by Ashleylee; 2016/04/13 at 04:47 AM. Reason: redacted for privacy

Quote Originally Posted by Delvar View Post
    Redacted for privacy.
    d********@gmail.com
    I got it, redacted for your privacy.

You don't have to say, "not trying to defend" when I expect you to do so. If I was playing a game I liked, I would defend it. LOL.

All good reasons and after hearing the pets thing, I have more respect for it. I bet I would turn them off if I was playing BDO. I'm happy to hear they have that option.

Sucks that there were only 10 of you there to fight it. You are right about how boring the boss tactics were b/c I got bored of watching it after 5 minutes. I would probably do that once and then refuse to ever go back. I don't mind taking time to learn the mechanics of a fight, hours and hours, but a fight should take no more than 20 minutes. Anything more is tedious.