Thread: Empyrion Journal

Empyrion Journal

Day 1:
    Delvar and I joined up coop. We built a small base. I crafted my first hover vehicle. We defended the base against about 10-12 attacks from drones. They eventually stopped attacking. I'm not sure if that is normal or not. Lots of mining. I got up to level 13.

Day 2:
    Still no more attacks from drones at our first base. Delvar built a hover vehicle. I built my first small vessel. We went around did a bunch of mining. We looted 2 parts of a crashed galactic ship. We took out a few alien outposts. We had lots of loot. I decided to go for a main alien base and got hit by the defense cannons. My ship was taken out and we lost a lot of good stuff.

I went back in the hover craft to see if an automated rocket turret could take out the cannons if I kept moving. It wasn't good enough and my hovercraft was downed.

I looked online for a small attack ship. I found one that was rather cheap. It took 10 minutes to build in the factory. For those that don't know, you can find blueprints online, send a blueprint to the factory, add supplies to the factory and it will auto build the base or ship for you. You then just have to place it when it is done. Easier to do this route if you don't want to spend time doing a full build. You can even build and then take off parts and then put in parts you want. That's what I did with this ship. I changed out the low quality steel blocks for stronger steel blocks and I took off the gatling guns and put in rocket launchers. I went back to that base that destroyed my small vessel and hover craft and I took out the turrets. I recovered some of the supplies but then aliens started to spawn and I didn't have a gun on me. I got up to level 16.

Goals for Day 3:
    Mine some iron (did this already in the morning; this got me to level 17), find a blue print base to build (found this morning), and start the new base in the factory (did this in the morning). I'm going to hope the base continues to auto-build while I'm offline, if not, it will take another hour. Once the base is ready, I'm going to place it as close as I can to the alien outpost. Move all supplies to the new base. Deconstuct the old base to get back materials. Craft some Tier 2 weapons, load up on ammo. Raid the alien base.

Things I learned today:
    1) Yellow and green pads in the alien base are spawners for the aliens. Destroy those to stop the respawns. But, if you keep them, you can continuously kill aliens and get supplies from them.
    2) If a alien base still has the core, you have to destroy spawners by shooting them. If you destroy the core in a base, you can only destroy stuff in the alien base by using the repair/deconstruct tool. I'm not sure if the spawners continue to work if the core is destroyed.

Day 3: The new base is up and running. It came mostly empty. I put in all the stuff I wanted and removed/upgraded a few other items. It's a very nice base, something worthy of copying and putting down on other planets/moons.

I made a Tier 2 sniper and it's elite. Maxed out at level 20, I now have access to everything for crafting. I took out the remaining parts of the nearby alien base and then did the same to another base. Lots of minerals to mine in this area.

We decided to try out our new small vessels and we went into space. Then to the nearby moon. I killed a lot of drones and some mining while Delvar did a lot of mining. Between the two of us we loaded up on two resources we couldn't get on the planet except from raiding alien outposts.

We started on designing a capital ship because we are now in need of two other materials that can only be found on distance planets. Those need a warp drive to get to b/c they are too far away. Most of the capital ships need stuff we can't build yet, but I found one that is very basic.

Day 4 (Part 1):

I jumped on this morning and Delvar joined me. The capital ship was ready so we went into space. This capital ship doesn't have warp drive. I upgraded the oxygen tanks, removed some fluff, and upgraded one of the guns to a plasma turret. We also found out that this capital ship doesn't have a place for us to park our small ships. Also, we never installed docks on our small ships anyhow. We took care of that and after a bit of play, we were able to get the ships parked.

I built a warp drive, but we'll need to get that installed tonight and test it out. The ship has so extra fluff so we work on cleaning that up and installing some extra needed items.

This sounds like a pretty fun game!

Sleeping Monk
    It is fun and it only in Alpha so it has much more they can add