Thread: New ARK: Survival Evolved Modded Server

New ARK: Survival Evolved Modded Server

I've started a new ARK server. I've added many mods this time around. By far the most amazing MAP mod i've seen is this one called "The Center". Check out video on it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOyH0AZUxoc I think its actually way better than the original The Island. It's going to be launched on some Official Servers too. In addition the other major MOD is called Annunaki Genesis. It drastically adds to the difficulty factor and if you are looking for a real challenge this is for you. You can catch and tame dinos up to level 540 including several new "elite" and Alpha dinos. There are "Prime Alpha" dinos that are not tamable but everything else is.

Full Mod list here, I'd subscribe to this list before attempting to join as its over 10gb of mods.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=684609056

Server Name/IP
    KarasNewWorld v2 PvE
    steam://connect/74.75.235.129:27015

Sleeping Monk
    Man you know how to peak my interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Delvar View Post
    Man you know how to peak my interest!

Sleeping Monk
    Downloading the mods now

Quote Originally Posted by Delvar View Post
    Downloading the mods now
    3 of us so far, theres couple more may be comming to. I had people from my old server asking for me to run another server.

I watched the youtube the other day. I may give it a go while I wait for No Mans Sky.

I just saw the center was released as an official thing today, giant patch today it looks!

Damn you guys for trying to suck me back over there. After I finish up my new ship in Empyrion, I may consider checking out some of the new stuff.

I forgot how brutal just starting off could be. 5 deaths and 3 little boxes of random stuff around the South beaches. LOL, 2 seconds into a random respawn and eaten by mr big shot terrorizing the beach.

Sleeping Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Helliox View Post
    I forgot how brutal just starting off could be. 5 deaths and 3 little boxes of random stuff around the South beaches. LOL, 2 seconds into a random respawn and eaten by mr big shot terrorizing the beach.
    LOL where did you start?

I'm on the beach just across from the black island in the South that has the fire in the eyes. There is some type of ruins just off the beach that I'm currently setup in. I figure I'll gain some levels then get a flyer pet before I scout the the island for a place to build. Come join me so we can gain levels faster.

CenterMap.JPG

Sleeping Monk
    I'll be on today

I love this game, but I ran into the same problem as last time. I hate spending more time harvesting materials than building. It's too much of a chore to me. I know the dino's can collect materials faster, but I feel the materials needed to craft something should be more like 20% of what they are now. This way, Dino's can really speed up things. I want to spend 75% of my time building rather than 75% of my time harvesting.

Ok, so there is a Star Wars mod. You can carry a light saber... why isn't this installed?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSeTD5QYwPo

Ok, so there is a Star Wars mod. You can carry a light saber... why isn't this installed?!?

lol, i'll look into it.

Sleeping Monk

Very nice!

Sleeping Monk
    Well Helliox, an Alpha Anky got in the base and wiped all the dinos out. I saved your Argent and pirate bird. If we want stuff to stop dropping in from the cliffs we are going to have to build some walls up there.

Well damn, okay. Found out some new info last night. Ash has been holding out on us. My brain has gone blank on me but there is a narcotic that causes dinos hunger to go to 0. So once we get down that high level dino down, we feed it the narcotic and just put loads of food on it. It will be tamed in moments rather than 15-20 minutes. Pretty much all the dinos in the back were low level. If we want, we can just start keeping the dinos in the front where stuff can't fall in on them and block off the back stairs. We can make that just a big taming pen. It may be easier than fencing the surrounding area. I like that idea. We can lead any BA dinos off the cliff into the taming pit. Create a cat walk to shoot tranqs.

There is a small flat cliff over the front where dinos can wander in from the side that we'll need to fence but it's very small.

Sleeping Monk
    Helliox look what I trapped in the backyard! 20160526074757_1.jpg

The first victim! Nothing left but the taming. I ran out of time last night to go collect some more metal. Not sure if we need another tranq tower or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcoth View Post
    I love this game, but I ran into the same problem as last time. I hate spending more time harvesting materials than building. It's too much of a chore to me. I know the dino's can collect materials faster, but I feel the materials needed to craft something should be more like 20% of what they are now. This way, Dino's can really speed up things. I want to spend 75% of my time building rather than 75% of my time harvesting.
    Okay, Ashley suggested I should eat my words since I already went back to playing the game the same day I started complaining about it. But, I should point out that I did say I love this game. And, I still hate all the time I have to spend harvesting materials.

I wish they had an option for reducing the costs to craft things. I know they have an option to increase harvesting of materials and for weight increases, which our server is using. But, I feel that is counter productive. Even with the higher amount of materials harvesting and weight increase, you still end up not being able to carry enough for crafting numerous items. For instance, if I want to make a building, it takes more time than I think it should because I spend so much time harvesting, moving supplies, forging them, getting all the supplies in one place, constructing them, and then I finally get to place a few floors and walls (which only takes a couple minutes). Next, I'm back to doing it all over again. Before I said it felt like I spent 75% of my time harvesting. That's not true. I spend 95% of my time pre-building, and 5% building. At least that is how it feels now that I'm doing metal. Stone is about 90/10 and wood is more like 80/20.

Without the option to reduce the costs, the building aspect of this game sucks for me. I go through it all anyhow, but I still hate it and I won't stop complaining about it.

Ashley told me if it was too easy, then I would get bored of it sooner. That really wasn't the case for me on our first server where I was the last one playing on the server. I can easily see myself playing the building and dino taming aspect of the game.

/sigh

Sleeping Monk
    Lol she's the second caught a Sabre earlier. I'll get some metal when I get on. Was a BA agent back there to but didn't figure out to get him without getting killed

Sleeping Monk
    Holy smokes look what was around the base today!!!! 20160527132057_1.jpg 20160527131904_1.jpg
    Gnashor, Warden of the Beach!
    Last edited by Delvar; 2016/05/27 at 12:50 PM.

You can take him Delvar! We don't want him wandering into our catch pen for sure.

Ark had some announcements at E3 today. Below are 2 videos worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dha-P6U6lxY

https://youtu.be/Qv23Mqknw0Y