Thread: Biome Update Incoming!

Biome Update Incoming!

The much anticipated Biome update is nearly upon us. Sometime after 11:59pm this evening this update is slated to hit. If this update follows any consistency from previous patches it isnt likely to hit until tomorrow morning 8am 'ish. Or Thursday Morning.

They are notoriously never on time. This is often the result as the final build goes out to testers only a few hours b4 launch and there are usually problems that have to be fixed before general release. That said a lot is riding on this update and the Biome update has been pushed twice before. I feel they will likely release between 2am and 8am tonight/tomorrow.

ARK 243 is getting released at 11:59PM EST (not WCT) on Wednesday! Get ready guys, to pee, get a weeks worth of food and lock yourself in!
    According to ARK Twitter.

(WCT = Wild Card Time)

The release was late, but it finally hit around 6:30 this morning. Thankfully I went to bed at about 12:30. I was able to get on before the release and was ready.

The downside is that I lost 2 major dinos due to a rock bug. If you have a dino on the ground and a rock respawns in that location (this seems to happen after a server update due to a big patch), the rock glitches out the dino and it vanishes. That means I lost everything on those dinos. The two affected were: Belle (female argent) and the beaver I was using. It really sucks b/c I had Belle about 2 levels from being maxed. Luckily I didn't have much on either except for about 1k prime meat on Belle. I think it was a huge hit losing both of them. /cry

The tree wood platforms cost lots of wood, couple menial mats, 400 cement paste, and 200 metal ingots. That was very unexpected, but I had more than enough ingots to cover the creation of two platforms. I was going to harvest more metal, but then Kitori (another player on our server) gave me over 1k ingots since he didn't think he was going to be able to work on his base anytime soon. I was able to built 4 more platforms with that. I think I have enough ingots to build two more, but I need cement paste now. My frog should be able to take care of that for me though.

Another surprise was that tree platforms are not foundations. Instead, they are treated like the ground. You then can build foundations or pillars/ceiling on them, but those are square and it doesn't look as good as I had imagined it all. Plus, you have to bridge the gaps between platforms on different trees and that is just ugly. Ashley added the bridge mod which makes it look a lot better, but I still hate that they didn't add more engrams to the list specifically for tree houses. I'm disappointed in how they are looking. Squares on top of triangles doesn't look that great.

Titan is interesting...and a total PITA. Thankfully only 2 ppl on my server can make the saddle, and they're both in my tribe..so we don't have to worry about others taming it at this moment. Spent 3 hours this morning with my bf and a cannon trying to get one down before we got it lol.