I've thought about that myself, but since we don't know much about the game yet, I have no idea how much space they are giving us to name things. If they are giving us at least 21 characters, my plan is to use the entire guild name rather than the abbreviation. 12+1+8. The first 12 characters are for the guild name (Sacred Haven), which includes a space. From the video's I have seen with Sean Murray, he named a planet Sea Murray, so I know spaces are allowed. Then I'll add a period to separate the guild name and the name (+1). Then I would like to have at least 8 characters for naming a planet. I think every name I would like to use is at least 8 characters. More than that is just icing on the cake.

My first set of names are just going to be names of guild members. I have about 800+ of those to go through so that will keep me busy for awhile.

Since Delvar, Helliox, and Zrikz are all planning to play the game, I'll let them use their own names if they like.

We each start off on our own home planet, so I will be naming that one "Sacred Haven.Sarcoth" if possible.

"Sacred Haven-Sarcoth" Or would a dash look better?
"Sacred Haven - Sarcoth" It will be nice if they give us a good number of characters for naming, but I'm still not sure what to expect there.