I've been playing it on PS4 since I got the game on Monday. Here is a list of some tips I think will help you on your voyage.

1) There is a known problem affecting people that pre-ordered the game. One of the quests you get early on is to craft a hyperdrive for your starting ship. Once this is done, you will permanently have that recipe. The problem is, some people have claimed their pre-order ship that comes with a hyperdrive. This removes the quest to get the recipe and then it becomes very difficult to craft a hyperdrive in the future. Well, if you find a ship later on that is bigger than the pre-order ship, you may grab it without realizing it doesn't have a hyperdrive. This will cause you to be stuck in that system. This didn't happen to me so I can't swear how much of a problem this is, but it sounds like it is affecting a lot of people at the moment.

2) Each slots on your exo-suit can hold stacks of 250. Your ship's slots can each hold stacks of 500.

3) Always go to a space station when you first arrive in a new solar system. Find out what items the Galactic Trader is selling at that station, the ones with a star represent the ones that are in high demand there. If you find a station that wants plutonium, this is a great place system to farm plutonium on one of the planets, and then bring it back up to the station. With a 16 slot ship, I was able to make around 500k a trip. Plutonium is by far the easiest mineral to farm on a planet. This is what I did early on. Now that I'm deeper into the universe, I have seen a lot of stations that want Plutonium. The most common materials wanted are Plutonium, Chrysonite, and Titanium. To be honest, I have yet to find ones that want something like Gold.

4) There are upgrades for your suit, ship, and multi-tool that can be found in the form of recipes. To increase the slots on your suit, you have to find an escape pod on the ground or gain access to areas behind the doors that require a Atlas Pass v1. I recommend doing suit upgrades before buying a new ship (see #5).

5) New ships can be purchased from NPCs that land at space stations or on trade ports around a planet. Just offer to buy their ship and they give you a price and show you how many slots it has. I found one with 40 slots that had a price of 35 million credits. Personally, when I start playing on the PC, I plan to hold off on buying a ship upgrade and instead I will be hunting for upgrades on planets via crashed ships.

6) For multi-tools, whenever I have found a better one, it was always 2 higher than the one I currently had. I never found something with more than 2 extra slots. I sometimes found some with lower number of slots. So, I think you will need to always purchase the next tool higher before you can find one higher than that. Slow upgrade. Some NPCs will offer you and upgrade or you can find them at the small trade ports on planets that one landing port. I also found an upgrade at the Space Anomaly that gives you the recipes for the Atlas Pass v1. And, some space stations have them as well, but I think those were behind the door that needs the Atlas Pass v1. I recommend holding off on loading up a ton of upgrades in your multi-tool until you completely upgrade it. Get the lower upgrades to start, but don't do everything right away.

7) Atlas Pass v1 Recipe. I had a lot of trouble finding this recipe. I followed the Atlas quest and went everywhere it directed me, but I knew I must be missing something after I visited the 5th atlas station (where you get the Atlas gems) and still didn't have the recipe. I then decided to look at the path I followed and discovered a solar system surrounded by a blue target. This was behind me on the path I had already taken so I must have missed it. It ended up being an Atlas Station that looked more like the Deathstar. It had 2 NPCs, one that gave me the recipe.

8) Atlas Pass v2/v3. I've read that someone found the recipe for the APv3 by opening up every Manufacturing Center and Operations Center they could find. This means, whenever you see those containers shooting an orange beam out on the ground, you need to make a Bypass Chip and keep looking for Colonial Outposts. The fastest way to break down these doors is by using the grenade item on your multi-tool. I found the bolt-caster useless.

Okay, enough for now. I'll post more as they come to me.