Thread: Conan Exiles (1/31/17)

Conan Exiles (1/31/17)

Conan Exiles comes out at the end of January. Looks like a fun game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440900

At the moment: Ashley, Delvar, Helliox, Zrikz, and myself will be getting this game. More are welcomed to join us!

I'm in.

1) The HOX from the original Conan game by FunCom remains one of my all time favorite classes.
    2) The Secret World also by FunCom remains one of favorite MMOs.
    3) And Delvar trying to pickup up a quest from a Raid Boss in the first Conan game remains one of best MMO memories.

And though not listed, we did actually have a Sacred Haven chapter in the original.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightreaver For This Useful Post:

Sleeping Monk
    Damn Night you remember that lol good times!

I had fun in the original conan game, been a long while, looking forward to this one.

i'm in

Count me in! I started talking to Ashley about it last night and I think it looks badass! Can't wait to join you guys again in the gaming world.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Osacian For This Useful Post:

i have been waffling on this, loved AoC but wasn't sure if this was a game i would be interested in, but this video has done a good job changing my mind:

So far, this game has caught my interest like many of the other survival games that I like, but the graphics look nicer, the base building appears to be better than any other game I've ever played, and the thrall system sounds like fun. If they add mounts to the game or some kind of taming system, that would be awesome. Yeah, I'm an ARK fan.

I will be trying this on the 31st as well, looking foward to playing with you guys

You guys going to play on one of the official servers? or someone going to host one? Kind of wondering how that's going to work (official servers that is) with caps at around 70 people at early launch. They will have 3 official server types: PvE, PvP and PvP Blitz (resets every 30 days); custom servers have more options i think.

We are going to have our own Private Server that I'm sure Ashley will be hosting. I'll let her post the details for it here.

Sacred Haven members and family/friends will have automatic access so don't worry about having a place to play. Our primary server will be PvE, but if enough of you want a PvP server, I'm sure we can do that too.

Outstanding! More interested in PvE, for the moment.....

Yes, I plan to host a Private Server for SH and friends. Based on previous experience with UE4 Based servers, ARK: Survival evolved, it is very likely I would be able to run multiple servers with little issue. I believe the overall consensus will be for PVE but we could also have a second server that is PVP.

If you are interested in the server specs.
    I have a custom built server E5-2670 XEON Processor based server.
    16gb ECC RAM
    250 GB SSD, Samsung 850 EVO
    1 TB HDD, WD Blue
    Nvidia 750ti GPU, (not much need for this, on a server, but one of the games i hosted did require a discreet GPU on the server).

I have run as many 4 ARK servers Concurrently, heavily modded, without any issues on this hardware.

On launch day I will be waiting to install the server as soon as the game releases, server software is included in the base game package.
    See here under "private servers" http://blog.conanexiles.com/en/dev-blog-8-servers-mods/

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashleylee For This Useful Post:

Look like it will $59.99 for the collector's edition and $29.99 for the basic edition.

The game is supposed to release at 9PM PST on the 30th. I will be dl'ing it then and installing right away. I don't know how long I will be in game as I will probably be going to bed around 11PM

Some people are streaming Conan right now on Twitch. I can't watch it cause I am at work but I am listening to it and can't wait to play! Anyone going to be on tonight? Ashley, let us know ASAP when the server is up. Hopefully it won't take long.

Ashley will have the server up soon after it is released. She or I will get the server info posted as soon as it goes live.

i would also like to mention that based on the streams i have been watching all day that the in game VOIP is not that good and we need to use ours.

Private server setup is delayed due to problems on FUNCOM's end they broke the private server install tool and have not fixed it yet.

Anyone streaming?

Ashley setup the server we'll be using.

karas.kethry.com:27015

Ok folks, we have a private dedicated server up. We've been running now for about 4 1/2 hours, and have worked out most of the kinks. I will say this, from the dedicated server side of things, FUNCOM, needs to setup things up big time.

That aside here is the server info

Go to your Steam Client, Click the View drop down menu, click Servers, Click the Favorites Tab, Click ADD A SERVER

type: karas.kethry.com:27015

You should be able to add it and see "games at this address" should show Conan Exiles Server.

Then Launch Conan

Once you get to the Main Menu, click Play Online

After this screen comes up, at the top of the screen is a drop down menu called FILTER
    Change this to favorites.

you should then see the screen refresh and see "KarasExiles" thats the name of our server, you may need to click refresh a couple times or re-select Favorites. It has been VERY buggy.

If you have trouble, reply here, check our Teamspeak if i am there or Sarcoth, atm Sarcoth, myself, and Delvar have been on.
    Also you can add me on Steam, Karageek with the pink pony avatar.

Thank you for taking your time to set this up, looking foward to playing it this afternoon!

Thanks for setting that up Ash! Hopefully the lag on your server isn't as bad as Funcom's! :P

I should be on in about 11 hours. I have a raid tonight in WoW, so I will have to take a 3 hour break. I will then be back on for a couple hours.

I'll be on TS whenever I'm playing. All those playing with us are welcomed to join. Even those not playing.

http://sacredhaven.org/vb4/forums/sh...ak-Server-Info

How is the game so far? Is there enough to do for a PvE'r? I have barely touched the survival game genre (played h1z1 before the game split for about 4 hours and never saw another living player), so not really sure what to expect. I don't mind PvP, but not really a fan of non-consensual PvP, i tend to play PvP games for my PvP fix and PvE games the rest of the time.

Many survival games are like MMO's in they way you play the game and interact with the environment. The main difference is that a MMO has skills, attacks, and spells on their hotbar. In a survival game, the only thing on your hotbar are your tools. The ones you crafted and upgraded. The armor you wear and those tools are what make you stronger. The skill tree in survival games helps you unlock what you need to craft upgrades.

The other big difference is that in survival games, the environment isn't as forgiving. You will die...a lot. Be ready for that. Even on PvE servers, every NPC is out to get you and they want you dead. You'll need to learn a whole new set of survival skills. But, once you get the hang of it and understand, it gets easier and easier all the time. Plus, with so many friends around, if you die, we can easily help you get everything back. Many of us have been playing survival games for years now. We are use to the death and we are very quick to recover.

It's a fun game. It is way more challenging if you want to go at it solo. Ashley, Delvar, and I had our bearing after about an hour. We did a lot on day 1. We found a place to settle. We were the first ones to adventure away from the starting area and to get setup. If you are solo and very unlucky, it could take you about 10 or more deaths before you reach our location. We got a huge growing base setup with all the main structures AND we have captured numerous thralls to do our bidding. Right now, our starting base is set and we have a good place to make it easier to head off into the rest of the land. We have since helped many SH members and friends to reach our location. Once here, we can get you setup with level 3 gear. We are still trying to figure out how to unlock level 4 gear (steel), but even level 3 gear is tough to make due to the time it takes to make the materials. I'm dreading how long the level 4 mats are going to take.

We need to find a brimstone deposit
    Need it to Makeep steel.

Sleeping Monk
    @Toothpic think we will be working on that tonight!

Funny thing i found out from playing solo and just exploring. Brimstone is not a node. You get it from some rock creature. Only problem is i only seen this creature in one part of the map. NW area of the map.

We found the rock creatures. Be careful, sometimes they hide under the ground and surprise you by jumping out of the sand and attacking. Those rock golems are like stone hell hounds and aren't that bad. The big rock golems on the otherhand do not appear to be hurt with iron weapons. We are now starting to make some steel weapons and we'll have to try that out on them. I suggest only attacking those if you have some friends. They are very deadly.

We setup a new base somewhat near the rock creatures. We can go back for more brimstone as needed. We are also located near two large exile settlements. Thralls for the taking. We should have a Greater Wheel of Pain setup by tonight and we'll start taking slaves at our leisure. The prime target for slavery is all artisans of any level. Level 3 archers and fighters are also acceptable. After we get the wheel setup, we'll start working on level 3 of our base, the Vault/Trophy Room, and the Wall.