Thread: Pantheon - Class and Race Combinations

Pantheon - Class and Race Combinations

Information on class and race combinations in Pantheon was recently released and can be found in this thread on the official forums: Pantheon: Class and Race Combinations

I wish the class abilities were better defined. I have no idea what I want to play yet.

Looking forward to trying them all out. But, as long as the Halfling Druid resembles the EQ version, that's where I'll end up.

Hmmm, no elf paladin or cleric. I guess the elves in Pantheon going to be more like wood elves.

I personally think they should open up Paladin a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcoth View Post
    Hmmm, no elf paladin or cleric. I guess the elves in Pantheon going to be more like wood elves.

I personally think they should open up Paladin a bit more.
    Well they do say that this is their initial thoughts and that in the future we may see more races, classes and combinations.

And speaking directly about your question they say:
    No Elf Cleric or Pally?

On this most consistent point of feedback I will simply say that we hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorus View Post
    I wish the class abilities were better defined. I have no idea what I want to play yet.
    I just hope the game is more melee friendly unlike that other game we recently played. If the Ranger resembles anything like the Vanguard Ranger or the EQ Ranger then that is what I will play.

Ranger down......

Death Touch sacrificial lamb volunteer.....

I am pretty happy with combinations they have published. It seems weird to me Humans have all classes while a few other races only get 5 of 14.

it's all lore driven.....according to a dev. Some of the combos don't make sense to me, but if the lore supports it, so be it.

I haven't been following game, how far along is it now?

I think we're in the, maybe alpha will start around December of this year, if we're lucky. Most likely beta early next / release maybe by Fall 2018? Been a while since I've looked hard into it, but that's what I remember.

The Pantheon FAQ, https://pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/#q45, which shows that it was last revised on January 17, 2017 states:

What are the approximate timeframes for Alpha, Beta, and commercial release?

There are many variables involved and developing a massively multiplayer game is not an easy thing to do. Our goal is to be in alpha and beta testing in 2017. The launch date is to be determined. This is not set in stone, and dates are subject to change.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for Alpha sometime this summer, Beta by Christmas and Release in mid 2018. Visionary Realms continues to grow and add more people so anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremis View Post
    it's all lore driven.....according to a dev. Some of the combos don't make sense to me, but if the lore supports it, so be it.
    Clarification from Kilsin from the thread I linked in the top post:

While it is a first pass for the community, it is not for us, we have put a lot of Time, effort, work and thought into these class/race combinations and while some of you may not be used to some of the restrictions, they make sense from a lore perspective and are actually very complicated and intrinsically entwined into the class interdependence and overall balance of Terminus, these decisions were not made lightly and it is unlikely we will change them for those reasons and more that I cannot reveal yet.

We have taken onboard the feedback about Elf Cleric/Paladin but again, it is unlikely we will change at this stage, all I can say is that just because some people are used to different combinations in other games, doesn't mean you will see the same ones in our game, we are taking our own path and have shown that with our Dark Myr, Cold/Blue Dwarves, Archai and Gnome races.

So my best suggestion is to open your minds and embrace the changes as they are set in place for a reason, we will reveal more as development progress.

Yeah, i don't waste my time on those boards any longer, just people conjecturing and being rude about it, but thanks for the explanation - i got my info directly from a dev.

I don't see beta happening this year since they aren't even in pre-alpha yet. Hopefully the game will get through pre-alpha and into alpha before the end of the year; that's my best case scenario prediction.