Thread: EQ - Various Info

EQ - Various Info

Everquest.com is blocked at work for me.. but if you're willing to pay for it you can get a 40 slot bag. I think it's about $30 and you can buy the 40 slot bag, max one per account on the new progression servers and it comes with 3 - 25% exp boost potions that last an hour I think.

Think I might look into it, it would definitely make life easier. Save the exp pots for hell lvls ;p

I only played an hour to test out lvling and I filled my bag up and had to sell every 10-15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrikz View Post
    Think I might look into it, it would definitely make life easier. Save the exp pots for hell lvls ;p
    "Hell levels" were removed from progression servers. I can't say I will miss them.

Q: What is the Difference Between a Progression Server and a "Classic" server?

By most descriptions, a "Classic" server is an attempt to recreate EverQuest exactly as it was at launch, using only assets and content that was available in March of 1999.

A Progression Server is another EverQuest server, and therefore runs alongside existing servers. It contains many changes that have been made to the game since 1999, such as maps, Krono, a more configurable UI, the removal of "Hell Levels" and race/class experience penalties, custom chat channels and serverwide or cross-server communication, the ability to memorize spells via right-clicks, the ability to "Find" specific NPCs or locations, and many other enhancements.

In cases where we have updated or changed the layout of zones, Progression Servers use the updated version of the zone geometry. In cases where we have changed items or player abilities, Progression Servers use those updated abilities. In cases where items were completely removed, those items will either stay removed or be available for a very limited time on Progression Servers. In cases where zone population was changed, you may not find all of the NPCs you remember in exactly the same places they were before, or you may encounter new NPCs with new loot that wasn't there before.

Oh good! I definitely won't miss them! The bag space would definitely be nice though.

Not sure about that. It indicates in two locations that is is both usable and not usable.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...er-faq.228779/

From their FAQ:

Q: Can I Purchase the 40-Slot “Steadfast Satchel” on the New Progression Server?

Yes! This bag is a one-time claim available on any server, including progression servers

I must have miss-read it.

Thanks for pointing that out!