Thread: Pantheon - What class/role are you going to pick?

Pantheon - What class/role are you going to pick?

Thought it might be a good thing to get some idea of where people might be leaning.

I am leaning towards Summoner or Shaman.

I'll be making a cleric for sure, but perhaps another class as well when I learn more about them. I haven't read enough about it to know yet. Got any good resources?

They haven't released much on classes yet. Only 3 classes have info on their site, Cleric, Rogue and Shaman. We've seen 3 other classes I think in the streams, Warrior, Wizard and Monk. That leaves 6 other classes with little to no info about. If the Ranger is like the Vanguard Ranger or even the EQ Ranger that is probably what I will play, but if it is like the WoW Ranger then no not for me. Then I would fall back on Rogue or maybe even a Warrior or Paladin. Going to stick with melee classes and hope that the game is melee DPS friendly unlike Rift that was not a melee DPS friendly game.

I'll be rolling a tank. Not sure which flavor just yet. I'll probably have a monk alt just for the Disc memories though.

Sanc will be playing anything that will let her play the healers favorite game... "Just How Low Will Those HPs Go?"

Sleeping Monk
    Monk!!! Might try a Dire Lord as well.
    Last edited by Delvar; 2017/08/27 at 06:12 PM.

I'll likely be playing a Paladin or Shadowknight if they have them. Hopefully they end up having a druid or necro as well

Hey everyone, Will probable decide after Beta

Enchanter

Quote Originally Posted by Rokar View Post
    Sanc will be playing anything that will let her play the healers favorite game... "Just How Low Will Those HPs Go?"
    Well, it certainly seems it will be less mana to rez then heal... be forwarned DPS!
    Yeah, that was me. Sorry.

Hello all, looks like no bard at launch. Maybe I'll try monk this time. Will be nice to catch up with ya'll.

Enchanter or druid.

I just learned about this game, late to the party. Kind of glad though as it looks like it's been in development forever. 2018 maybe?

In either the November newsletter or at one of the cons, they announced that they're expecting to start pre-alpha testing before the end of the year. They've already said they're expecting the alpha/beta cycle to be about a year. So right now it looks like a tentative holiday 2018 or early 2019 release.

At Twitchcon they announced that pre-alpha would begin by the holidays. In the November stream, The Making of a City, they announced that the pre-alpha vip pledges would no longer be available as of December 20th. So I am guessing that pre-alpha will start sometime around the 20th of December. Judging by the November stream, Thronefast the the human starting city still needs a lot of work and that's just one city, so yea late 2018 or early 2019 sounds reasonable for a release date. Alpha might start sometime in the early spring of 2018 with beta starting sometime in the summer.

Ranger, Druid, Dire Lord, Shaman, Cleric.
    Alpha/Beta access should give enough time for me to find one that plays right. Can't wait.
    But I lean toward a class that has 'spirit of the wolf' type speed spell. I can't stand running slowly.

Got my pre-alpha key last night

checking
    if I play will be have to be the 12am due to my work schedule
    All times are listed in Pacific Time:

I try my best to use name Riley or Rileys if I have the option

I hope to start with Monk see how that plays. Was my original favorite in EQ -- loved FD, pulling, etc. Otherwise it's a toss up between Summoner and Shaman or Wizard maybe.

ill be rolling a ranger love the ranged classes, hope the rangers are good dps in this game

Probably going to roll up a paladin or a druid depending on what is needed most Too bad no bards

I plan to try out all the healer classes during alpha/beta to see what I like the best. If the druids are anything like EQ though, then most likely a halfling druid.

if u buy a pledge do u get in fast alpha

Hi, Got the email from Sarcoth and have to say I am really looking forward to a team based game- with strategy and teamwork.. loved gaming when it was EQ and even WoW when you they used to require skill and teamwork. I have fallen away from gaming since I could not find any real connection with other people when playing and kinda don't know why you need to go online to a massive multiplayer game when you end up mostly soloing. Looks like it is going to be a while- would like to sign up for beta when it comes out. I like playing tanks, healers and controllers. Dps if needed (Hi my name is Kimberly and I am an altaholic) Will figure out class when we are closer to launch and also what might be needed for grouping. I will try to check back- give me a holler if they start without me Thanks and look forward to meeting you all. ~kimberly

I will be rolling an Enchanter as my main (Keiiek). Sargent Major will make a comeback under his affectionately given nickname, Sargent Paper (Crusader/Paladin). There will be many other alts, i'm sure.

I'm Thinking Shammy or Wiz

Have to relive the EQ days - Cleric
    But can contribute to what may fit best for the overall picture - I was always extremely jealous of Enchanters and their power.