Thread: when is alpha

when is alpha

when will alpha start

No one outside of the developers has any idea of when alpha will start. In the FAQ VR has said:

8.1 What is the ETA for external testing?

The goal is that soon this year (2017) the very first group of players (pre-alpha pledgers only-- not alpha pledgers) will begin to be invited to help test. The game must be ready and have enough content. Then in Alpha we plan on having the entire continent of Kingsreach ready for testing. We don’t like to be evasive, but the timing must be right so our players can give us meaningful feedback, bug reports, etc. These earlier phases are traditional tests, rather than something along the lines of ‘early access’.
    We are working hard and prepping to bring in pre-alpha pledgers, and then alpha pledgers after that. The game must be ready, but we are heading strongly in that direction.
    They barely just made the goal of having pre-alpha start in 2017.

8.2.1 How long will you test Pantheon (alpha/beta) before launch?

Ideally, we want to be in testing for a full year -- this approach helped launch past games in a solid, balanced way, and we want this for Pantheon as well.
    So when Kingsreach is ready they will start alpha. Hopefully sometime in the 2nd quarter but could be delayed until the third quarter of 2018 depending on the progress.

A little bit of info from the Pantheon Pax page. https://pantheonmmo.com/pax/

The next testing sessions are planned to take place before summer, 2018. Instant access upon checkout is not available. Game keys, directions, and access to the pre-alpha forums and schedules will be delivered after May 1st, 2018.
    So it looks like more pre-alpha testing sessions coming up and alpha is further down the road. But you can enter to win a VIP pledge package with pre-alpha access and even purchase a $1000 pledge with pre-alpha access.

The PAX East 2018 Pledge Package

Unlimited VIPAccess
    Pre-Alpha access
    Alpha access
    Beta access

$1000 USD

or

$100/mo for 12 months ($1200 USD Total)
    Win a VIP Package
    Sign up for our newsletter for a chance to win one of five PAX East 2018 Pledge Packages valued at $1000 each
    Go to the link above for details.

ty i got the $250 pledge

I saw an article somewhere that they gave away like 5 pre-alpha keys at PAX east this weekend and told them that pre-alpha starts in may.

Quote from Bazgrim at PAX East on Saturday.

2. Brad publicly said today that "Pantheon should be in Alpha by the end of this year, and in Beta next year." He said this while speaking on a panel about community impact on games, which I will post when I get a chance. My camera glitched part way through, so I still have to clean it up a bit, but I will post that if/when I can.

thx buddy good to know and hear see u guys in game soon