Thread: EQ 2/VG Emu

EQ 2/VG Emu

The other night I went into the Vanguard Emulator. It's really a staggering effort by just a few people. For a few hours I was taken back in time, and I was quite happy.

But, it didn't last. First of all, the game was too easy. I could solo everything and not even break a sweat. That's not how it was at launch or Beta...more like how it was when it died, dumbed down for the uber casual players.

More importantly though, I spoke with the devs (who are great guys) and they basically said that there isn't much content past level 20...and they hope to be up to level 30 in a year. Level 40 in two years. I just couldn't deal with the heartbreak of getting to level 20 and then having to stop, so I put it down.

Strange thing though, was that it had resurfaced an itch for a good MMO...or any playable MMO actually. So, I started poking around. What did I find? Everquest 2.

After checking it out (its free), I've decided to play some. A few others have joined me. We'd love to have more.

Let me know if you feel up for some shenanigans with the usual suspects.

Z

We're on Skyfire server.

I'm playing a Warden.

Feel free to post what you're playing here as well.

Playing an illusionist, however I think im gonna give a paladin a go tonight.

Zrikz - lvl 12 Illusionist
    Zkirz - Lvl 1 paladin atm ;p

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zrikz For This Useful Post:

I'd love to join you. I played it on a casual basis long ago and really enjoyed it but only alone as I really had time limitations back then. Our finals are week after next so I should have much more free time come May. Hope to see you all then.

Cass

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:

Cass!

I now have a 12 paladin and 12 illusionist, willing to help with either.

Probably can only do 1-2 hrs a night from like 7pm -9pmish est.

I am kind of OK that I culd not quickly get the emu up and running...

I made a berzerker named jons and a warlock named Ekerot. never really played a sorc in an mmo. even though my vg sorc, epur, was 55, he was like my #7 alt.
    Last edited by Alephen; 2018/04/17 at 02:42 PM.
    Yeah, that was me. Sorry.

Update: we're going to try to meet Thursday night for a big group session. Try to get to around level 15 before then if you can.

edit: nm......
    Last edited by Alephen; 2018/04/19 at 12:20 AM.
    Yeah, that was me. Sorry.

Update: Thursday was a success. We ran through a couple of dungeons. I gained 8 levels and killed Zake at least twice. So, especially successful for me.

We'll aim for around level 30 next week. If you're even close, we can all mentor to the lowest level person.

Z

Sounds like you all had a blast! My last exam is a week today so I should be ready to start on Saturday April 28. I'll try and catch up quick then but a couple of questions... Does it matter which town/faction I select? and at this point would a Healer or DPS be more useful with the current mix. I enjoy either equally... just don't ask me to Tank .

It's harder if you choose evil, but not impossible. We currently have 3 dps 1 healer and 1 Delvar.

Agree on VG EMU seems like will take many years to finish. I tried VG it till about level 10 - no harvesting - traits missing .....

So, downloaded EQ2, found I have a level 34 Paladin... wrong server lol. Found I somehow have 1500 DB bucks. Created new paladin - Concor - someone on this server has stolen my D. Pretty fun and different from what I remember of launch. I made it ALL the way to level 11 before running out of inventory space WOOT.

Is SH guild established yet?

Quick note for those returning.

I just found out I have all 12-13 years of vet rewards. Check claim rewards under the EQ2 menu.

No guild yet, I have no idea how to make one.

Update: I'll be playing VG emulator one night a week and EQ 2 one night a week. I just can't stop loving VG. For now, Thursdays are our official group night on EQ2....and I'm stupid busy right now so i'll most likely be the lowest level noob in the group.

Are you still playing? I'm interested in joining if you are. What level are you all up to now?

Hey Jack! Yes we are playing EQ 2 every Thursday night...we're around level 35.

VG Emu are random nights as of now.

I can't make tomorrow 5/17/18. Sorry all, be back next week to leech off your exp trains.

What server are you all on?

It faded until it was just me and Helliox, so I stopped. I'm happy to play a group/coop game if we have enough interest, just let me know.