Thread: Pantheon Live Stream - 11/29/2018

Pantheon Live Stream - 11/29/2018

This is what makes the fact that I'm a streamer all worth it.

Visionary Realms has invited me to Live Stream the game on November 29 at 8pm EST. I wanted to get this out there now, but I'll be adding on more information as I get it. If you would like to watch, I'll be streaming this on my YouTube and Twitch channels.

https://www.twitch.tv/sarcoth/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/sarcothhaven

VR also asked me to ask them some questions. Let me know what you would like asked and I'll make a list of my favorites.

-Sarcoth

Yes! I'll try to be there. I normally get home right about the time you will be starting.

1. Are there plans to encourage helping lower level players?
    2. What plans do you have to keep the game fresh as people level up. So often if content is missed then there is no way to go back and do it again except for an alt (I love alts...)
    3. Have they ever thought about a group rating system where if you have grouped with a person for a minimum of an hour you can fill out a competency rating on a person (or even have it automated in some way) and after a certain amount of time the ratings roll off the final score so you can decide whether to group with someone or not... but if they have lots of bad ratings that eventually goes away and they can start over and are not permanently shunned.
    Last edited by Quintorak; 2018/11/18 at 10:10 PM.

I hope I will have time to be there.

1. Will there be built in trackers like dps meters or will the game be able to track how many of X you killed? If not will we be able to have addons to do this?
    2. could you tell use more about what your ideas are for rascal abilities?
    3. How many crafting professions will we be able to learn per character?
    4. What can you tell use about crafting that we have yet to hear about?

Awesome. So what class are you going to play, hhmmm let me guess, maybe a Druid?

Just a couple of questions come to mind, most things have already been asked.

1. Given that the game will be popular and servers are crowded how will they handle dungeon and raid content during prime time, 8pm to midnight EST, so guilds can plan weekly schedules.
    2. Are they any plans to prevent the top 1 or 2 guilds on a server from controlling dungeons and raids thus preventing smaller and more casual guilds from the dungeon or raid.

Good stuff so far. I'll need to submit my questions this week. They are limiting how many I can ask, so I'll have to take the top 6 questions between here and on reddit.

I don't have the "RAID: answer
    The Dungeon question has been brought up. There answer is basically they hope to make the Dungeons so big there will not be that competition. They also want Players / Guilds to work it out as they hope to be hands off. The old school EQ Philosophy reputation matters.

Im not even sure tracking is in game so popping in a zone to see if a boss is up may not be possible at the moment

If 1 or 2 bosses drop best in class items then most casual players won't see those bosses for a few month's so dungeon size isn't a really a factor.

Even in EQ the "old school EQ Philosophy" only worked for about 60 or 70 percent of the players. Many hardcore players and guilds didn't care.

Tracking will be in the game at launch so checking zones will be happening.

I think the devs in Vanguard had the same philosophy of guilds working things out when APW released but had to start creating shards to alleviate the overcrowding when they saw it wasn't working.

Issue in VG was that there was 1 raid zone and several overland raid bosses. That and they never really made more content.
    I certainly hope that Pantheon doesn't force stagnation like that, but grows and changes with additions.

And over 90% of the guilds had already left by the time APW came out. The remaining were all merged into 1 server. Yes there was only 1 raid zone but it did have 4 area's so 4 guilds could raid at the same time but they had to create instances of up to 6 shards to accommodate the guilds trying to raid. As for the overland bosses, we never saw one until many months later.

So let's say Pantheon has 3 raid zones to start and each zone has 4 area's. That would allow 12 guilds to raid at the same time. How many guilds would want to raid during prime time each night. Looking at Vanguards busiest nights would give you 20 or more per server but if Pantheon has a good launch and is popular then that number could be larger. Not enough room for that many guilds to raid every night without the devs adding more instances.

I'm planning to send them my question list tomorrow. Can we lock down the most important ones?

I found answers for some of the questions.

1. Are there plans to encourage helping lower level players?

Kilsin said:
    I would like to see a VG style mentoring system, it helped a lot, not only by keeping groups together but it also allowed Veterans to help newbies and I think in a game like Pantheon that is going to be heavily group oriented, a mentoring system is going to be important.

It would have to have a similar scaling system to VG too though, so it does not become overpowered and allow higher levels to steam roll and farm lower level content with ease.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/...ing-yea-or-nay
    2. What plans do you have to keep the game fresh as people level up. So often if content is missed then there is no way to go back and do it again except for an alt (I love alts…)

Progeny System
    "Players will be able to 'retire' high level characters and then create their children as new characters, but these new characters, the 'progeny', will have certain abilities, stats, etc. that make them slightly yet noticeably better than a completely brand new character (but not to the point that it unbalances things)."
    Quote from Kilsin* (01/23/2017) *https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/...m-what-say-you
    "We have explained parts of this already but this isn't a forced system, you can ignore it and play the game without worrying. We have said the rewards/bonuses for using the Progeny system will not be game breaking, meaning - you will not suffer in a group against someone who has used the Progeny system if you haven't, people are just wildly throwing assumptions and opinions around without actually knowing how the system works, but to explain why we think it will be good for Pantheon very briefly and for context (and this isn't information for people to cherry pick and continue arguing over, it is some very general reasons behind why a system like this can be very good for our game)

- It helps keep lower/mid level zones populated
    - It helps new players find their feet with level appropriate players
    - It helps us with horizontal progression instead of capping out and only having bottlenecked raiding/end game content (then leaking subscriptions -our main form of revenue- years down the track, while they wait for an expansion, which is a common trend in these types of games)
    - It helps us with balance
    - It plays into the fine tuning of dungeons, quaternity and group availability in a group based game
    - It helps stimulate the crafting and harvesting spheres by always having a supply/demand
    - It helps by keeping the economy continuously ticking over with player driven items through 1-50 level ranges
    - Plus many other reasons that we will go into later as we continue more work on this system.
    3. Have they ever thought about a group rating system where if you have grouped with a person for a minimum of an hour you can fill out a competency rating on a person (or even have it automated in some way) and after a certain amount of time the ratings roll off the final score so you can decide whether to group with someone or not... but if they have lots of bad ratings that eventually goes away and they can start over and are not permanently shunned.

Haven't found it but I believe they said they would leave it up to the community as in reputation of the player.

1. Will there be built in trackers like dps meters or will the game be able to track how many of X you killed? If not will we be able to have addons to do this?

Kilsin Said:
    We have already answered this folks, we will not support API add-ons for DPS/Aggro/Heal meters.

We will support and have in-game chat logs/parsing to show combat information and people are welcome to either turn that information off in their chat or use it to enhance/better their characters, rotations, skills etc.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/...er/view/page/2
    2. could you tell use more about what your ideas are for rascal abilities?

3. How many crafting professions will we be able to learn per character?

"Players will be limited to one profession, and one associated specialization." (Source:*http://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/cr...nd_harvesting/)
    4. What can you tell use about crafting that we have yet to hear about?

1. Given that the game will be popular and servers are crowded how will they handle dungeon and raid content during prime time, 8pm to midnight EST, so guilds can plan weekly schedules.

FAQ Excerpt* ( 20.2 Without instancing, are you concerned about overcrowding and/or too much competition for resources and content? )
    "Overcrowding and too much competition are indeed problems that have plagued both MMOs with and without instancing. If there are not enough players around, it can be hard to group and socialize. But if there are too many people around, the world feels crowded and people have to wait for encounters or spawns, or even compete for them. Our answer to this issue is twofold: first, primarily during the later phases of beta, we will determine how many people online at one time in our game world feels right -- neither under-crowded nor overcrowded. Second, if and when a server’s/shard’s population grows too large, we will launch a new shard with incentives for players to spread out. And with our harnessing of cloud hosted servers/shards, this is actually something we can do dynamically, easily, and quickly."

FAQ Excerpt* ( 9.0 Are dungeons open world or instanced? )
    "All dungeons are open world. There are no plans for instanced dungeons at this time. The dungeons will be very large to handle multiple groups of players. More shards/servers will be added if overpopulation becomes a problem."

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/...sked-questions
    2. Are they any plans to prevent the top 1 or 2 guilds on a server from controlling dungeons and raids thus preventing smaller and more casual guilds from the dungeon or raid.

I had to submit my questions today. I sent them a list of 10 questions...some included multiple related questions in hope they let me get away with it.

Just so you know, the plan is they will only answer 4 of my questions.

I'm a raider, so I want to know about raiding. I'll be paying attention, though I work 14 hours on Thursday so I don't think I'll be able to watch the stream.

Good luck tomorrow I know your going to have a blast.
    I be home to late to watch live so I watch it after the fact.

starting to watch it now

Looked fun. Congrats, Sarc. Next time I'll try to be there so I can fire off questions at you/them.

Great review. Sorry I had to bow out Friday night, we had visitors arriving part way into your review!

I watched it Saturday and was impressed with the healing the group single handedly.

So, i usually catch all of Pantheon's streams, but i just started working as a mailman a couple weeks ago on a walking route, so i don't have time to fart around on the computer at work like i used to. So, i see i'd missed 2 streams, went and watched the 1st one and saw it was Sarcoth. Mind blown. Awesome job, Sarcoth and Sacred Haven! Sarcoth represented us right, main healing with a druid in a 5 man group and was kickin ass! My feet hurt. Can't wait to play this game

Thanks all. They told me to submit my questions all ahead of time since they wanted to know what to prepare. Being limited to 4 questions and only one hour make the stream way to quick. I wish I could have done more.