Thread: Guild plans for starting location?

Guild plans for starting location?

Is the guild going to be starting from one location?
    Do we work our way up to a certain level then get together?

What are the plans for grouping and getting our people together for maximum fun!

Thanks, I'm excited about this.

I figured I would be around faydwer until 20ish. Lots to do there, between gfay, CB, unrest, etc. But Depending on where a majority of you guys start I wouldnt mind traveling

I'll be in Fay as well.

I'll be in the swamp to start... tough to get to fay as a troll in the beginning.

Yeah, that's going to be tough for Emeradii. I'm going to start off in Misty, so I'll be there for a few levels. I'm a fan of Fay, so I'll head over there as soon as I can. I tried out running to Freeport on one of the other progression servers and I made it on my first shot. Then I tried get from Butcherblock to Fay and I was ambushed. I completely forgot about the group of dwarves that are actually bandits. They travel the roads in Butcher so be careful.

I will have to hookup with you guys before I start, I will have no idea what I am doing. I guess I should get on another progression server tonight and get used to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Osacian View Post
    I will have to hookup with you guys before I start, I will have no idea what I am doing. I guess I should get on another progression server tonight and get used to everything.
    Definitely recommend it, it took me an hour or two to even figure out what I was doing! That and get your UI how you want it so you don't have to mess with it on day 1.

Having the map built in is a nice treat though.

I would also suggest installing the full mappack from mapfiend if you are running on a fresh install.

I will also be in gfay for as my starter zone.

I will be heading home in about 45 minutes and then I can try to learn about 1% of what you all are talking about. By the sounds of it, I need to pick a race that will be near gfay so I have a better chance of getting carried

What races start near there?

high elf, half elf and wood elf I believe... or maybe not half elf. Can't remember.

High elf, wood elf, gnome, dwarf. all start on the same continent. pretty easy run to gfay for any of them

Do not pick ogre, dark elf, or troll if you want an easy jaunt to GFay

Wow, i am completely lost in this game lol. I can't even get out of the starting city. i am a dwarf pali.

the map is your friend! (press m) I forgot about it the first few minutes, and then my life was much easier

The map was good in towns, but that was it lol. I stumbled across Quintorak at the gate of my starting city and he helped me get a quest and we ran to gfay.

LOL. Good stuff. After my two failed attempts of trying to reach GFay, I finally accomplished it last night.

Attempt #1: Started in Rivervale, ran through two large zones but reached Freeport safely. I bound myself in East Freeport. Made it to Butcherblock and then to Kaladim. But, I didn't think to bind in Kaladim and I was ambused by a group of 4 wandering rogue dwarves. Apparently they attack people on site.

Attempt #2: Starting in East Freeport, I made it back to the docks in Butcherblock to find 3 aqua goblins causing havoc. They must have been attracted by my cuddly hobbit feet b/c I awoke in East Freeport again. They were only trying to be lovable. Alas, too aggressive.

Attempt #3: Starting in East Freeport, I made my way to the docks in Butcherblock. This time I decided to steer myself sneakily past the aqua goblins. I reached Kaladim and bound myself there. I then successfully reached Gfay and Kelethin without any other problems.

Go to http://www.mapfiend.net/mappacks
    Download the entire map pack and place it in the maps directory (remember to backup the files currently in there) and you'll have maps for most of the zones.

Obviously none of you guys have played project1999 over the last few years. My son who used to play bakkily has had me playing Project1999 off/on for the last 7-8 years so a lot of stuff is familiar to me.

Yeah, starting off on a progression server has made things a little difficult. Most of the websites out there show everything to date and it's hard to tell what currently exists and what doesn't. The biggest issue for me is finding out what I can craft.