View Poll Results: EverQuest - What class are you going to play?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monk

2 10.53%
  • Rogue

0 0%
  • Warrior

1 5.26%
  • Cleric

0 0%
  • Druid

3 15.79%
  • Shaman

1 5.26%
  • Enchanter

2 10.53%
  • Magician

1 5.26%
  • Necromancer

0 0%
  • Wizard

0 0%
  • Bard

1 5.26%
  • Paladin

1 5.26%
  • Ranger

2 10.53%
  • Shadowknight

2 10.53%
  • Undecided, but I'm definitely going to play!

3 15.79%

Thread: EverQuest - Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015

EverQuest - Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015

As of 12/20/2015, this is the list of how many classes we have being played in EQ.

Bard - 3
    Cleric - 4
    Druid - 6
    Enchanter - 3
    Magician - 5
    Monk - 2
    Necromancer - 3
    Paladin - 1
    Ranger - 3
    Rogue - 1
    Shadow Knight - 3
    Shaman - 2
    Warrior - 3
    Wizard - 1
    Total = 40

Some of these are ALTs, but this should give you an idea of what we have and what we still need.

If you change your mind at some point, just reply here. I wish it would let you change it yourself, but perhaps I can find a way to change it in the database for you. If not, at least we'll know.

Thank you!

Making a High Elf Chanter - so I shall claim the faydark

Making a troll warrior, so I'll be playing in the muddy swamp.

Don't know yet and don't want to vote yet. Will update this after I have read about it tonight.

Update: Maybe I will play a pali
    Last edited by Osacian; 2015/12/08 at 12:10 AM.

Wood Elf Ranger.

high elf mage

Not bad, up to 12 people so far.

HAHAHA! Delvar is undecided. YEAH, right! What a liar.

Hmmm, 3 druids already. If the EQ Druid wasn't my favorite class I had ever played in any game, I'd switch to something else.

If we want to have some good groups and eventually lead some raids, we are going to need 1 cleric and 1 tank per six people. So, if anyone has even a temptation towards either of those, please sign up.

I'd say at least one of every class is also a requirement if we want to have a good raid build.

Correct me if I'm wrong with any of this. Here are the classes that are missing and why we need them.

Rogue - DPS. This use to be the class we needed for corpse recovery, but that doesn't matter anymore. We respawn with our gear and only lose XP.

Cleric - Healer. Need about 3 of these in a nice rotation to be successful.

Shaman - Healer/Buffs. Shaman and druids will be doing a lot of buffs and group healing during a raid, but they won't be good enough for healing the main tank.

Necro - Buffs and later, corpse summoning. Maybe DPS too?

Wizard - DPS. DPS. DPS. I miss Bufwiz.

Bard - Buffs and sacrifices. Bards and Rangers are best for raid sacrifices. Send one of these in to die prior to a raid, and it will usually be a great success. Oh, and I recommend all bards make female characters considering their armor color.

I was actually thinking about going Necro or Cleric (even though I said no healing). I am the only Pali right now though. Let me know which one of the 3 we need most and I can roll that one. Hopefully a Cleric can dps and do some solo stuff as well. I can test it out tonight when I get on.

I'd only recommend switching only if we got someone else that wanted to play Paladin. There will be a couple raids we'll need the Pally to tank.

I could go shaman if someone else wants to pick up the puller roll.. Use to play Bleue (/mourn Bleue.. and Tannan too .. i guess..) on raids from time to time.

I'd duo box, but my wife's computer crapped out. so we're down to one PC. Software KVM ftw!

Yeah, I'm thinking about duo boxing too. EQ is one of the games where I can actually accomplish that. My other PC is nearby so not a big deal. But, my wife says she wants to play. Not sure I'll have to if she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranis View Post
    I could go shaman if someone else wants to pick up the puller roll.
    Oh, and if Delvar ends up being the monk that says he'll replace you...please don't switch. We'll need a reliable monk.

I guess worst case I could reactivate my second account and use my second system to run a shaman. I used to 3 box a druid/sham/war in bastion of thunder for xp. Druid heals rock!

No worries, i don't plan on switching unless someone else has a inclination to get their monk on. Just throwing it out there that i don't mind shamanning if needed.

I plan on playing a high elf enchanter, i could play any class though.

I will be a Bard... I mean, what else would I be? Probably still going to be fairly elfy... half or wood, will figure that out later.

Binuvyen Goldentone - The mostly sane Bard.

I'm going to keep posting updates here so I can keep track of the increase.

Yesterday we had 12 votes in, today we are up to 16.

Still missing people for Rogue, Cleric, Shaman, Necro, and Wizard.

I'm going to post on the EQ forums that we are actively recruiting new members if they are interested.

I might change my vote. After playing a while last night, I'm not sure I can justify paying for the game. I don't have the same nostalgia you guys do- I only played for a few months then went to Asherons Call. I'll keep in touch about it, but I think for now I'm going to stick with free games and save my money for Pantheon. Might check out Rift again.

I see that we have another chanter... I've give it a week. If I'm not loving the chanter or we never get more interest I'll think hard about switching to a cleric. I made one and played for about an hour, 2 nights ago and it wasn't too bad.

Not committing right now.

The game is crazy easier then the past. enchanters Rock. You can charm I think mid to upper teens. Plus "Azerok's enchanter who I play" His pet can tank common mobs easy, and named once there slowed. Its not fast kills but it can be done.
    Game is torture with out clarity and clarity 2 so enchanter is must.
    Option is shammy that does alchemy to one can make MANA regen potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorus View Post
    I might change my vote. After playing a while last night, I'm not sure I can justify paying for the game. I don't have the same nostalgia you guys do- I only played for a few months then went to Asherons Call. I'll keep in touch about it, but I think for now I'm going to stick with free games and save my money for Pantheon. Might check out Rift again.

Ill go with a barbarian shaman. I like the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fen View Post
    Ill go with a barbarian shaman. I like the snow.
    It'll be like deja vu.

I voted SK which is what I've most recently been playing but my main back in the day was always Shaman so I have no problem rolling one if needed or I'd be willing to play Necro also since I'm familiar with the spells as SK use the same ones.

Well look at that, 2 rangers and a bard as sacrifices. That's some good omens there.

Wulvar - proud member of the Sacred Haven Sacrificial Ranger club...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Wulvar For This Useful Post:

Kiron decided to join us too. He's a Human Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorus View Post
    I'm with Zorus although I do have lots of nostalgia for Everquest. I logged in a few days ago, played for a few hours and meh - wasn't feeling it. Maybe I would feel differently if Gen was playing but she just can't commit to the huge time sink that Everquest is. So I got a great deal on BF4 with all the DLC's that I'll be playing for now. Have fun!

Not convienceing you to play or not to play, however, Its not a time sink what so ever. Instance zones and Picks for dungeons. I.E i have been in Guk on lockjaw where there been 5 picks to chose. SO when certian zones become crowded a new pick of the same zone opens. Only problem is Players Pick back and forth to camp a mob. Mage army's kinda ruined server/economy. However Phimmy was a fix for the issue
    Depending on your play style, time and effort youll be 50 in a month if you chose to be.
    Personal tips. Level to 5-10 then make the run via dock teleporters BB to freeport. Bind in freeport Soulbinder. Or if can self bind get bound Bank area in West freeport. Then grind your choice befallen/no ro/ crocs in oasis then Guk . Guk can take you to 50. If you want to do tradeskills then the zone will vary. you might do commons for pelts and eggs ect. If you make a toon in Hallas aka Shammy add a week, it torture to get out of there alive. If you try move very slow and steady. Its a Horrible run.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Riley For This Useful Post:

After further thought, I've decided to switch to Shaman. My reasoning is because I will be planning casually with limited and random days each week so it's unlikely I'll be doing any raiding. So for me to play an SK wouldn't really benefit the guild. However atleast with a Shaman I can contribute buffs and whatnot to guidlies when I am on. Plus, I just really love EQ Shammy.

Going to run a wood elf bard. Always play a bard when i can love the class. Little late in getting things going still downloading game didn't see email until today.

Going to make a wood elf ranger

Did a guild dump today and here is a list of current classes. This included alts.

Bard - 3
    Cleric - 4
    Druid - 6
    Enchanter - 3
    Magician - 5
    Monk - 2
    Necromancer - 3
    Paladin - 1
    Ranger - 3
    Rogue - 1
    Shadow Knight - 3
    Shaman - 2