Thread: Updates

Updates

I'll post replies here as I make updates. This way you can keep track of what's going on.

1) Usergroups have been added and updated. I made one small error that took me a hour to fix. They should be good now, but if you run into any problems with forum permissions like accessing anything, please let me know. Since I moved all of you into your designated user groups, I need to make sure you are working.

2) I disabled Articles and Blogs. No one was really using these and I figured it would give one less area for hackers to access.

3) I installed vbAdvanced. This is the addon I've been using forever that gives us a nice homepage. Click on the Home button that I added to the navbar. I still need to update the homepage, but I'll take care of that later.

4) I updated the usergroup's titles.

Upcoming:
    - The next big thing I'm going to work on is fixing up the theme. I'll try to get this done tomorrow.

Looks great so far!

lookin good!

//edit - if I click on home button I get permission denied FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrikz View Post
    lookin good!

//edit - if I click on home button I get permission denied FYI.
    Try again and let me know.

Update #5: Dark colors are in place. Let me know if you see any issues. The logo should be in place shortly. We are going to need another.

it works now

Jackal is going to work on a logo for me while I work on other stuff. I'll get a new logo up as soon as it's ready.

+1 Sarcoth for all your hard work getting this going again.

The like button was an addon. I'll work on getting that one added later when I'm ready to start installing those.

I updated permissions for each of the forums. when you get a chance, please post a reply in the top most forum of each group. I'll make sure a message is posted so you can reply.

I've been working on the forums all day today.

I have installed the Thanks button mod, the advanced application mod, and the intro mod.

Thanks - this is similar to like. The old like mod is no longer supported so this was the best I could do. There is another, but it has way too much stuff added on to it that actually made it a burden. I installed it, tested it out, then reinstalled. The Thanks mod instead seems to do what we want, just under another name. I could change the name to Like if you prefer!

Advanced application - This will come into play later when we need to create some enlistment applications. I played with it a bit today and it looks really good. I use to use another mod that I was going to reuse, but it was affected by the loss of files so if I'm going to rebuild it, I'll try something new.

Intro mod - Whenever someone new registers on the forum, they can type a message that will be automatically posted to the Red Dragon Inn. It will act as their introduction. Please welcome returning members and new ones.

8 hours fly by when you are looking at code and trying to update the forum settings. I'm going to take tomorrow off.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarcoth For This Useful Post: