Thread: my attempt at under the counter lights!

my attempt at under the counter lights!

I took tonight to do a project.. so I could have more EQ time tomorrow!

It's about 90% done. The power supply didn't arrive today, so I was running them off of a 12 v battery.

They are LED Ribbon lights that I cut and solder together. Very cheap, super low profile and they put out great light!

With kitchen lights on

With kitchen lights off

up close of the led ribbon

Last edited by Zrikz; 2015/12/09 at 09:59 AM.

I'm not seeing any pictures (getting the can't load icon.)

Fixed I think.

I've already improved it some and fixed the little corner sag there, this morning. I'll update later once I get in the power supply and dimmer today or tomorrow.

We bought similar lights that we strung up for the Superbowl last year...blue and green for the Hawks. They are bright as hell and work really well. You can buy strips and connect them together or cut them into smaller pieces if needed. Pretty slick setup.

Nice work man.

Emeradii: I had the same issue last night at home. For some reason here at work I can see the pics.

It was fun, took a couple hours because I'd never soldered before.. I had to watch a 10 minute youtube video and then I did a couple practice runs with a few small pieces I cut off. Couple times I had to re-do it because I didn't hold it long enough for it to actually stick to the ribbon.

The first time I was linking to the google picasa link, was probably a permissions issue where only I could view them. Moved them to imgur this time.
    Last edited by Zrikz; 2015/12/09 at 10:08 AM.

Looks good!

Good job Zrikz! They seem to add lots of light. Those led strips of come a long way. My to do list has some crown molding with a light strip channel on top. I think I'd use something like these or those flat led rope lights.

I added on the power supply and the dimmer last night right before EQ went live. Tonight I'll try to actually mount it to the underside so it's not just hanging down.

Priorities.. EQ!